Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE topload washer WCSR2090G3ww

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KurbyMstr

KurbyMstr

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Cherry Coke

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:58 AM

This is the mechanical timer, no electronics on the motor washer in an apartment. The report was it was leaking. I could see water in the pan/floor of the washer. There is no water leaking from the fill hoses, hoses to and from pump, the pump itself, the outer wash tub, the pressure line to water level switch, or the drain in the apartment itself. From what I can tell it's not overfilling, and the drain pump is not clogged and is draining. A few questions of operation and then one of what else to look for.

The water level switch, if set to low water level and it fills and starts agitating and you increase the water level to a medium level, will it stop agitating and start filling (like on a whirlpool) or is it going to just proceed at a low water level? I know there are adjustment screws on water level switches and I don't really like adjusting them- do others adjust or just replace?

I know if it's not drained completely on a high water level and starts spinning the water can go up over the top of the tub. What is the time on a drain cycle-average, and can you have a weak pump? I pulled the pump and there were no obstructions in it?

Finally, can there be intermittent problems in the transmission? Haven't seen them before, but would like to know.

Thanks to all!!

KurbyMstr

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:15 PM

The Brake can fail on those so that the tub spins during agitation, that is sure to leak - if so, it's a Transmission Job and would be a candidate for the Antonio Merloni ritual (trademark) ®

Edited by RegUS_PatOff, 30 January 2012 - 07:29 PM.

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:08 PM

... a candidate for the Antonio Merloni ritual (trademark) ®

How to run diagnostics on the Whirlpool LHW0050PQ4 Eurotrash front loading washer

#4 delawaredrew

delawaredrew

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:02 AM

Personally I rarely make any mods to the pressure switch, I have on occasion switched brackets or other related parts but it is the most critical component in the system and I'd hate to wonder if I caused some flood down the line. Not that it isn't adjustable but big employer hates liability so new part every time.

Look for water in the over flow pipe on rear left - common source of leaks when it spins big heavy items like towel, blankets, etc... too much soap can cause this also.

Off the top of my head --- the machine should stop and fill more when the switch is turned, unless there is a reset point at far right which would mean you'd have to turn all the way right to reset the switch and then back to higher level. I can't see diagrams easily on this "smart"phone so I can't look it up to see which style you have.

If the brake has failed you should be able to reproduce it... and the trans on these is not hard but I'd rule out the overflow before going that route. Stick your finger in the bottom of that clearish plastic pipe and see if it is holding water behind the molded lip. If it is wet in there you know some water has come down that overflow (unless the machine has been submerged at which point all bets are off!!).

Back in my GE days this was a common source of mysterious leaks that I couldn't reproduce. I never knew why GE put this overflow on.

#5 KurbyMstr

KurbyMstr

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Cherry Coke

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

Thanks for the information. The maintenance man moved it to an empyt apt and had a good water level switch. I swapped it and watched, looked, listened, thought about life, checked the overflow, didn't leak any.

I was taught to always replace the switch and not adjust it by the big brand factory service I first worked for also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics