Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag HAV2558AWW replacing snubber,can't lift tub out?

Snubber Maytag HAV2558AWW Balance

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stltom

stltom

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Schlaflys ESB

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:20 PM

I've taken the springs off of the tub, and the hose(s), but when I lift the tub out it comes up a couple of inches the 'catches' on something, it seems to be inside. Do I have to take out that screw down inside the top of the spindle arm?
I'm replacing the snubber ring in hopes that this machine will stop going off balance so easily. (Light loads, etc.)
Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

Have you disconnected the small rubber airdome hose from the rear corner ?
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 stltom

stltom

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

Yessir! I detached the main hose and that small clear hose from the back corner. I'm just hoping I won't be told I need a spanner wrench for this model.

OK.....I just went back to a youtube video that I had watched to cut and paste the link to it in this response. I watched it again and found that I missed a step...forgot to take off the belt...duh.
Many thanks to all anyway! Here is the link to the youtube video that was helpful!

Two videos I've seen on this at youtube are:

#4 stltom

stltom

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

OK,...I'm back. (sigh)

I've replaced the snubber, put the tub back in, re-attaced the 6 springs and the 2 hoses. But before I reattach the belt and put the cover on, I tried to spin the inner basket by hand and it is real difficult to spin...in other words it doesn't freely. Should it? did I over tighten the 5 screws holding the snubber on? Is that possible? Or am I worrying about nothing and it is supposed to be difficult to spin by hand. Again, I haven't attached the belts yet. Thanks!
TN

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:48 AM

http://appliantology...w-not-spinning/
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Snubber, Maytag, HAV2558AWW, Balance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics