Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch she44c05uc Dishwasher not finishing cycle

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan Then

Jonathan Then

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

Hello! i have a bosch she44c05uc that is not finishing its cycle usually with 2-3 minutes remaining, it will stay in cycle until i hit cancel. i did a bit of research and from what i can gather its the circuit board one of the resistors or something is fried? (correct if wrong) I'd like to replace whatever part it is that is causing this problem as the dishwasher is fairly new. I think i need this but really love you guys and trust your judgement.

http://www.repaircli.../676960/1557799

Main Control Board

Item #1557799 (OEM Part)
$118.50

Control unit
Manufacturer Number 676960

01095840.jpg

can anyone supply info on whether

1. i am right about this part needing repair or replacing
2. the procedure for repairing/diagnosing and how to take apart the front of the dishwasher.

also do i need to remove this dishwasher from the power source first? (probably a silly question)

thanks guys. love this site.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

... do i need to remove this dishwasher from the power source first? (probably a silly question)

:woot:
It may be a bad solder connection on the Heater Relay Pins on the Controller Board.
Posted Image

Posted Image

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Jonathan Then

Jonathan Then

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

would you recommend replacing the control board, or attempting to repair the sodder?

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

depends if you (or someone) can solder, etc ..

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 Jonathan Then

Jonathan Then

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

ok got the dishwasher apart, but can't get to the control panel! its surrounded in plastic! any ideas?

#6 Jonathan Then

Jonathan Then

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

ok, i went ahead and ordered the part, I couldn't visually confirm that the control panel is the problem because I couldn't remove the housing... did I make a good move or was this a bonehead idea?

http://www.repaircli.../676960/1557799

Main-Control-Board-676960--01095841.jpg

#7 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

Replacing the control is th best option - the plastic casing does come apart if you manipulate all of the little locks on it

see here: http://appliantology...e/276-img-0491/
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#8 Jonathan Then

Jonathan Then

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

Replacing the control is th best option - the plastic casing does come apart if you manipulate all of the little locks on it

see here: http://appliantology...e/276-img-0491/

thanks! new part should arrive wednesday, I will update once I get it installed and run the dishwasher to see if that was the problem, then take a hammer to the plastic covering on the old one to see if it was the board.

#9 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:01 AM

Don't smash it, release all of the clips around the middle of the housing (visible here) - examine the relay pin solders (which are likely burnt) - repair it at your liesure and keep on hand to swap if and when that reoccurs.
The clips are a bit of a chore to pry open all at once - work at it carefully with a small screwdriver.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#10 Jonathan Then

Jonathan Then

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

Don't smash it, release all of the clips around the middle of the housing (visible here) - examine the relay pin solders (which are likely burnt) - repair it at your liesure and keep on hand to swap if and when that reoccurs.
The clips are a bit of a chore to pry open all at once - work at it carefully with a small screwdriver.

fair enough! i did try for hours yesterday to open that thing, I can get a few of the clips, but I have no idea where the other ones were, your pictures are fair at best :woot: is there a way to get me a picture of the clips? i'd be greatly appreciative of it! otherwise, i will give it another go when i have a glass of scotch and 5 hours to kill :rocker: :rocker:

#11 Jonathan Then

Jonathan Then

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

Great Success!! it worked!! Thank you Guru's for all your help! when i get some time im going to sit down with a glass of scotch and pry that control panel housing apart!

576761_10150858851903017_500918016_98093545180_10150858852258017_500918016_98093

#12 Jonathan Then

Jonathan Then

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

I owe you guys some beers when you come to NYC. seriously.

i took your advice, sat down with some dental picks, some micro-screwdrivers and a glass of jamaican rum on the rocks and went to work. managed to get that sucker open! problem diagnosed and confirmed!

Posted Image

Posted Image

This image is from the top side, where the burnt pin is.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,031 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

The pics with the rum were worth the upgrade to Merit Apprentice Appliantologist, together with all the rights and privileges thereof. Kanpai! :samurai:

#14 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:53 PM

Excellent follow up and Pictures! especially the one with the rum in it - Good Job on the repair and extra good when it occurs again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics