Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Washer 417.40042990 loud +louder when final spinning

front loader

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jonhenry7

jonhenry7

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:stella artois

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

Can anyone help me diagose my Kenmore front loader 417.40042990 . It gets louder and louder in final and fast spin.?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:07 AM

how old is this unit??? ..kinda sounds like a jet engine/ roaring noise in spin??? Does the spin basket rotate/roll freely by hand???? have you seen spots of oil on your clothes ???

#3 jonhenry7

jonhenry7

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:stella artois

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

Yes roaring noise that gets pouder. There's a spray of a brown like grease substance all around the inside of the machine,like a spray from the Tub Bearing ? not sure though.

The unit is a kenmore made by fridgidaire 417.40042990 front loader. its 12 years old.

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

:boohoo:
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

It won't make 13 years.

#6 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:37 AM

Kdog took the words right out of my mouth..... You can keep running till catastrophic failure, just no white clothes, no delicate clothes, no underwear.....( some one may mistake that brown streak .. :woot: )....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics