Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Elite 9800 Electric DoubleOven Freestanding Range 2298003

Control Panel

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stoneweed1

stoneweed1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

http://www.kenmore.c.../p-02298003000P

My oven looks exactly like the link above. This oven came with the house when I purchased it. The LCD display never worked, however the buttons to heat the cooktop and the double oven have always worked up until last month. Now only the cooktop works by using the knobs, however the oven does not heat using the buttons on the control panel.

My presumptive diagnosis is a bad control board, so I contacted the Kenmore parts dept for a new control board and they needed a model number from the oven. The only number that I could find was a sticker in the back that stated the model number was 2298003 and the Serial Number 10819229LV. The Kenmore parts dept states that the model number is incorrect and they can't help me unless I give them the correct model number. I exhaustively looked everywhere looking for the model number and I can't find it. I even pulled out the control board and took it to a Sears Parts Center and they couldn't help me. They told me that its almost impossible to get the right part for this without a proper model number. They stated that my oven may have been a scratch and dent and the metal ID with model number may have been pulled out.

Am I correct in assuming its the control board? Additionally, I need help in obtaining the model number and the correct part to make my oven work.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,876 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:37 AM

Most likely one of these two, (Manufactured by Whirlpool for Sears):

The 665. tells that it is manufactured by Whirlpool, (I took a guess at it being a Whirlpool and entered 665.98003 in the Sears parts direct site and it showed only the above two models being close to that number.

That bar code is Sear/Kenmore only sales model number not actual model number to look up by. The "22" at the beginning is the code for Sears appliances, I believe.

The next part of the number "98003" is the base model number, (the "3" at the end is the color code for stainless steel model), and the last 3 numbers that they don't show on that tag would usually just be a revision/update code, (generally not much differances between a revision "0" and "1").

From your description of your problem you could have a bad control board, (the reason for no display but it was working), and know maybe the touch panel has also failed so now you can't give it any commands or if you're lucky the control board has completely failed and the touchpad is still OK.

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair, 04 February 2012 - 07:15 AM.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#3 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:18 AM

Maytag, Manf date 11/2007, the 22 = cooking appliance. Model/Serial number sould be on hide-a-way metal tag on a pivot behind control panel.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#4 stoneweed1

stoneweed1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

Thank you for your help. I will look into 665.98003700 665.98003701 control boards. Hopefully my touch pads are fine.

Chat_in_RI....I pulled out the control panel, Where exactly should I look for the "hide-a-way metal tag"? Is the metal tag on the control panel itself that I've pulled out (see photo on my original post) or on the stove? Thank you.

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

For those who pass these pages at a later date - No, you cannot clean the aluminum foil you have melted into the oven floor with one of these - there are very explicit warnings in the owners manual regarding this. You will just have to live with it as it is - doesn't effect operation, merely cosmetic.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics