Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
jahjahbinks

MFI2569VEM1 maytag bottom freezer top section too cold

9 posts in this topic

customer has a MFI2569VEM1 maytag three door ref and the top section is too cold , my best guess is the thermister sence there only one for the ref section i would like to know your thoughts, temp settings are freezer 0 ref 38

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If the water is turned off, or the icemaker is not working - too much air could be sent to icebin to compensate for the water - you can turn I/M off, and change programming if necessary

here is the troubleshooting file for the maytag MFI2569VEM1 FRENCH DOOR Refrigerator the file is to big i will try to edit to fit

Edited by jahjahbinks

Tech Sheet

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man
Moved link to Downloads section

If the water is turned off, or the icemaker is not working - too much air could be sent to icebin to compensate for the water - you can turn I/M off, and change programming if necessary

I am having this very problem with this model ref.  Ref section too cold.  They have turned the water off to the ice maker due to a plumbing problem.  Could you expand on "change programing"

Thanks, Jim

If they turned the water off to the icemaker, the icemaker needs to be turned off as well.

Turned off by switch on the side of ice maker.

Will monitor and post results.

Thanks 

just a quick up to confirm. I turned off the ice maker by the switch on the side.  everything back to normal. running fine. happy customer!

Thanks!