Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch electric dryer WTMC1301/US/03 clicking noise

clicking goes away

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 momfixesall

momfixesall

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:java

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

I cleaned the rather large amount of lint that was located at the back of my dryer drum and also had accumulated around the drum roller. Screwed the large back panel back in place and started the load only to hear the clicking noise! Now however the clicking stops after the dryer has been on about 20 minutes.

It seems to dry well, but am somewhat worried about the clicking. Could it be the belt is going? The pulley? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am determined to do this myself.

Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

If you had the drum out of the rear sleeve bearing, did you replace the shaft spacer ?
See the destructions that were sent - try and narrow down where the sound is from, as the blower could be making noise etc.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 momfixesall

momfixesall

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:java

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

No, I didn't replace anything, just removed about 2 socks worth of lint! I am a definite apprentice and will go back "in" my dryer this weekend. I feel much more confident however, due to the advice, posts I have read, and the instructions sent to me.

I will positively order from the repairclinic.com once I figure where the clicking is coming from....will update.
Thanks.

#4 Derik

Derik

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coors light

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

sounds like something in blower housing???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics