Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire PLD2560LCC1 dishwasher runs continuously - keypad doesn't work

dishwasher

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 337

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:3 Floyds ZombieDust

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

As the title says, I've got a frigidaire dishwasher, about 8 years old, been working without any issues (had clogged drain hose years ago but that was fixed and no problems since). Loaded it up the other day and closed the door and it just started to run, left it to see if it would stop and it ran the entire night. Tried the breaker, no luck, keypad doesn't work or light up. Only way to stop it from running is to leave the door open ajar. Read on an earlier post that the most likely culprit was the control board - pulled it and the R38 resistor was browned and the circuit board around it was a bit discolored.

Just want to make sure that its the control board and not something else that's caused the control board to blow so that I don't put a new one in and it fries again.

Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,363 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

There's a tech sheet behind the kick panel below the door. It'll have a wiring diagram and diagnostic procedure. You can fax it me toll-free at 866-315-4504 and I'll post it here as a PDF file.

#3 337

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

found a link to the PDF of the diagram - figured it would work better (plus, I don't have it with me here at work).

http://manuals.frigi...n/154476701.pdf

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,363 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

Good find... if you're sure this is for your model because the Service Test on the second page might not work if it's not. Run the Service Test and report.

#5 337

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

I had tried to do the service test earlier but none of the buttons on the front panel work. The number display is blank as well.

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,363 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

Check for 120vac between P1 and P3-7 on the main control board. If you have voltage there, then replace the main control board ==> Main Control Board

If you don't have 120vac at the main control board, then check the door switches. If one is bad, replace the door switch assembly ==> Door Hook

#7 337

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

Replaced the main control board, dishwasher lit up all nice and ready to go, ran one cycle, got through the full wash cycle at a minimum, not sure if it got to the dry cycle or not but its now completely dead, like before but no washing if the door latch is closed. No buttons work, it doesn't run either. Possibly a bad control board?

- checked the door hook just in case and the switches operate as they should, open when the door is latched, closed when it's open.
- I also checked the line in connections in the box, wire nuts are clean and still good to go, taped up nice and neat.

Got my dad coming in to help on this one too, he was wondering if there could be a relay off the board somewhere that is malfunctioning and blowing the board.

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,363 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

Check for 120vac between P1 and P3-7 on the main control board.

Did you do this check?

#9 337

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

Sorry..yeah, the old board had voltage between the P1 and P3 so I replaced it. the new one which worked once and now doesn't work has voltage between P1 and the pin where the yellow wire of the plug of P3 (~8.9v) would go and I get 0.2v on a couple of the ribbon wires (P5, P6) going to the display board.

Seems to be the same as last time, only its completely dead rather than before it would run when the door was closed.

Door switch seems to still be working too. No voltage to the control board if the door is open, power when I close the door.

#10 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,363 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

Door switch seems to still be working too. No voltage to the control board if the door is open, power when I close the door.

We must be dealing with a stuck keypad on the touchpanel. Unfortunately, they don't give us enough information on the tech sheet to check the keypads. Try cleaning the keypad ribbon connector by gently rubbing the pads with a pink pencil eraser to clean the oxide off. Here's the part link to the touchpad which has a nice big picture of the ribbon connector ==> http://www.repaircli...ber=PLD2560LCC1

#11 337

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

I warrantied the control board and got a new one - that was it, 1st one was DOA. Haven't posted for a couple due to not wanting to jinx the thing but its run 4 cycles without issues so I think that's it. I also cleaned the connectors as you mentioned just in case so maybe that was it but I've a feeling it was the board.

Glad the shop let me get a replacement as they don't accept returns on electronic items - I'll use the place you linked to from now on as their return policy is better.

Thanks for your help samurai.

#12 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,363 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

Domo for posting the happy ending! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics