Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore gas dryer 110.70902990 - Replacing the Timer

Dryer timer replacement

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 glimmersdad

glimmersdad

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Almost any Stout or Porter, richer is better

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

This is too simple but I'm stumped. I need to replace the timer on my Kenmore gas dryer 110.70902990. (No problem diagnosing this problem - the timer shaft broke off flush w the body.) I can't figure out how to get into the console. It's a 27" Whirlpool-type config but the end caps don't come off and I can't figure out what to unscrew to enable the console to flip up (or back?) Suggestions appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Skiter29

Skiter29

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

the end caps do come off they are sometimes hard to get off but grab the top back and pull and underneath the caps are 2 screws

#3 glimmersdad

glimmersdad

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

Thanks, Sōhei, but I don't think so on this model. I can see inside the console through a port for the AC cord, and the end caps are attched to the control support bracket (which runs from one end to the other) with screws. The end caps won't come off until you access the interior to remove these screws. The back cover of the console attaches to the interior with three large bolts, also inaccessible inside, so I can't get the back off either. There are plastic hinges in the upper corners of the back, so it seems that some secret move frees the console to tilt up, probably from the bottom.

#4 Skiter29

Skiter29

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

from the part break down it shows at end caps come off and when u take the screws then the control panel lift up and back

#5 glimmersdad

glimmersdad

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

Aha! Got it, finally, The end caps have two parts - the main end cover, and a smaller part that covers only the front (that is, towards the user). This smaller front part (#36 on the Sears diagram) can be pried off from the bottom. Underneath these front covers are the two screws you mentioned. I thought the "end cap" was the complete end cover and was trying to pull it off (#8 on the diagram), but clearly I was wrong there. Thanks for helping me figure this out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics