Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brook_Tarr

GE WDSR2080DBWW Washer - Will Not Spin

4 posts in this topic

I have a GE WDSR2080DBWW washer. It fills correctly, drains properly and agitates just fine. The problem is that the washer will not spin.

I removed the front panel. The water level switch tube is clear & the lid switch appears to be working correctly. The belt is in really good shape.

In trying to diagnose the problem (with the Front Cover off), I set the control knob to rinse and spin. Then (and YES, I know how dangerous this could have been) I moved belt that connects the motor to the clutch in a clockwise direction. This caused the washer to start agitating...when it should have been spinning.

I'm at a lost. I appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thank you in advance for your assistance with my washer.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... I moved belt that connects the motor to the clutch in a clockwise direction.

... This caused the washer to start agitating...

it may be bad Motor Start Contacts in the Timer..

try turning the Motor counter-clockwise

I tried spinning it counterclockwise and it started agitating. No matter which way I spin the motor, it starts agitating. I thought that maybe the motor only spun one direction? I will check the Motor Start Contacts and see how they look.

Again, thank you for your assistance.

one direction for Agitate

reverse for Spin

Timer decides what to send when

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0