Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Dishwasher Model MDB7160AWB Red lights flashing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rickk

rickk

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

My dishwasher has 6 lights flashing on the desplay and none of the buttons work. I think that the touch pad might be bad but I don't know how to test it. Any help?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

Have you found the tech sheet down behind the toe plate/ lower panel??? Some Maytag d/w's have good tech sheets that will give you the key pad/button locations on the ribbon connector... BUT, looking at your model number , you will need the control board with the very small pittance of $$$ 237.70............. with a core charge of only $ 35.00 clams..............Have you tried disconnecting the power for a few minutes and then powering it back up ???

#3 rickk

rickk

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

I did find the tech sheet and it did not give the button locations but I think with a little effort I can figure that out. If you are right and the control board is bad
$$$237.70 is at least half the price of a new machine. Forget that it has no real time on it I don't think that it is worth putting money into. Anyone want a used dishwasher cheep? Thanks for your input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics