Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

cement shoes

Maytag Washer LAT98006AAE Inner Drum Spinning during agitate

8 posts in this topic

The Inner drum is spinning during agitate mode and causing water to overflow the drum.

Any thoughts on where to start tinkering?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Your part.

http://www.repaircli...2097750/1480334

Unless your tub nut is loose.

Remove the agitator and check the tub nut. Is it loose?

Edited by jumptrout

I removed the agitator and the tub nut is not loose. I recently replaced the boot seal and everything was working just fine except it would make a loud knock sound after the spin cycle ended. When in wash cycle the inner drum is spinning clockwise, I can hold on to it with my hands and keep it from spinning as the agitator is operating as normal. Is there anything else I can try before I try to replace the transmission?---Thanks

I'm wondering about the brake/clutch assembly being the problem, or do I go ahead and order the new transmission assembly? That's alot doe!!!!

Just ran a mini load and watched it run through the cycles. The inner drum slowly rotates clockwise during a wash cycle but after a couple of minutes the inner drum starts to spin faster until the water washes over the top edge. I shut it off and turned it back on and it finished the wash cycle and the rest of the cycles(spin,rinse,spin) just fine. What to do?

Silly question at the bottom in agitate is the transmission turning in agitate,,, If it is I am betting on a brake problem...

Yes, the transmission is tuning clockwise and the inner drum turns at the same speed as the transmission.

After about 30 seconds they start to spin faster until the water starts to flow over the top of the drum.