Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Washer LAT98006AAE Inner Drum Spinning during agitate

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cement shoes

cement shoes

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Heineken

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

The Inner drum is spinning during agitate mode and causing water to overflow the drum.
Any thoughts on where to start tinkering?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

Your part.
http://www.repaircli...2097750/1480334
Unless your tub nut is loose.
Remove the agitator and check the tub nut. Is it loose?

Edited by jumptrout, 08 February 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#3 cement shoes

cement shoes

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

I removed the agitator and the tub nut is not loose. I recently replaced the boot seal and everything was working just fine except it would make a loud knock sound after the spin cycle ended. When in wash cycle the inner drum is spinning clockwise, I can hold on to it with my hands and keep it from spinning as the agitator is operating as normal. Is there anything else I can try before I try to replace the transmission?---Thanks

#4 cement shoes

cement shoes

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

I'm wondering about the brake/clutch assembly being the problem, or do I go ahead and order the new transmission assembly? That's alot doe!!!!

#5 cement shoes

cement shoes

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

Just ran a mini load and watched it run through the cycles. The inner drum slowly rotates clockwise during a wash cycle but after a couple of minutes the inner drum starts to spin faster until the water washes over the top edge. I shut it off and turned it back on and it finished the wash cycle and the rest of the cycles(spin,rinse,spin) just fine. What to do?

#6 washertech26

washertech26

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

Silly question at the bottom in agitate is the transmission turning in agitate,,, If it is I am betting on a brake problem...

#7 cement shoes

cement shoes

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

Yes, the transmission is tuning clockwise and the inner drum turns at the same speed as the transmission.

After about 30 seconds they start to spin faster until the water starts to flow over the top of the drum.

#8 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

Link to Brake
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics