Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag dryer mde9700ayw drum support rollers

whirlpool drum support rollers

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mdadian

mdadian

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'm trying to replace just the rollers for this dryer. All I can find are the full assemblies for $30 - $40 each. Can I substitute the red rollers (10314173) (37001042) for the blues rollers? or is there a place I pick up the blue rollers for a reasonable price?
He is Risen!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

These are black. Try them $8.80 each.
http://www.repaircli...37001042/966673

#3 mdadian

mdadian

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

Thank you Jumptrout for the suggestion. I notice that these are square across the edge, and the ones being replaced are beveled. Does this make a difference?
He is Risen!

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

the ones being replaced are beveled.

They weren't originally, they have worn
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 mdadian

mdadian

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

This is the full assembly of the blue roller support. http://click.linksyn...-ap4374843.aspx

What i'm hoping for is just the rollers themselves or a reasonable facsimilie. I've seen the red rollers
http://www.repaircli.../4392067/587637 and wondered if they would do, since they, too, are whirlpool products used on maytag dryers. any thoughts? Will the white ones you suggested fit the same track as the blue rollers above?

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 09 February 2012 - 05:25 PM.
Appliantologized the part link. :)

He is Risen!

#6 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

If your not going to use the original replacement rollers then use whatever you want. It's your dryer. Your rollers are beveled, not squared. Make sure they fit the shafts also. I think you should buy the kit with rollers and belt but thats just my opinion.

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

Maytag dryer MDE9700AYW made by Samsung

http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=2027851

Drum-Roller-DC97-16782A--01187508.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#8 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,770 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:03 AM

That is a Samsung built for Maytag. The standard 349241T won't work, shaft diameter is different, (I tried it on the first one of these Samsung/Maytag's I worked on). Mdadian, those red hub rollers in that maintenance kit are just the heavy duty style but same size as a set of 349241T's, they won't fit on the Maytag/Samsung's shafts.

Don't know if the SpeedQueen style roller that Jumptrout suggested will work or not, (Jumptrout, have you used one of what you suggested in the field and know it will work?).

I believe the LG rollers with shafts that are a little cheaper may work for you but haven't verified that myself.

LG dryer rollers/shaft assm. 4581EL2002A
Part number: AP4437815

Part number: AP4437815

Comparing the two on RepairClinic it doesn't look like the LG one will work, shaft appears too short and would not have the front to back float that the Samsung has unless the front and back shafts are different.

Samsung/Maytag:
http://www.repaircli...Number=35001136

LG
http://www.repaircli...EL2002A/1266815

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair, 09 February 2012 - 06:15 AM.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#9 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:08 AM

No I have not used them.
I stopped my research for his rollers too soon.
The blue roller is the recommended roller.

Edited by jumptrout, 09 February 2012 - 07:10 AM.

#10 mdadian

mdadian

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

Guys, you are all aces! Thank you for all your help, it has made my decision much easier. Because of the risk of differing diameters of the shafts, I was reluctant to just pick one that looked right. I chose the Samsung 716782A, first for the price and, second because there seems to be no appreciable difference between it and the W10177428. I'll let you know how I made out. Thanks again one and all. :blinky:
He is Risen!

#11 mdadian

mdadian

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

Sorry I didin't get back here sooner. The Samsung 716782A wheels were a perfect fit. Not sure if the new posts would have fit correctly, but the new rollers slid perfectly onto the existing post. Excellent job everyone. See you all soon.
He is Risen!

#12 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

Thanks fer letting us know - those machines were mage by Samsung so lotsa parts are interchangeable (just cheaper)
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: whirlpool, drum, support, rollers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics