Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG LFX25960SB Refrigerator making growling noise and ice maker sticking

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Steve C

Steve C

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Kona Vanilla Macadamia Nut

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

I plan on doing this "re-build" this weekend. PLEASE let me know if the correct Evaporator Fan Motor is # 4681JB1027C or # 4681JB1029E as I will have both of them. Additionally, the Bracket # 4810JJ0003A, for the correct Evaporator Fan Motor, is on back order. Will the old bracket from the old cover work with the new motor on the new cover?
Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 BryanS

BryanS

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

I wish I could help with the part numbers, but our company always has to call our tech support to go on LG's website for exact part numbers. If you bought both fan motors, make sure the plugs fit the connector, and I would note which way the original motor spins(clockwise or counterclockwise). If the connector fits and it spins in the right direction it should work fine. You are refering to evap motor and not the ice room fan motor right?

#23 Steve C

Steve C

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

Thanks BryanS! I am sure I will be able to figure out what is the right one and yes I am asking about the Evaporator Motor. But if anybody can give me the correct part number and if the old bracket will fit it on a new cover I would really appreciate it.

#24 BryanS

BryanS

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

I don't see any reason why the bracket wouldn't work. I haven't changed that cover before, so let us know how it goes.

#25 clman

clman

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Abita Amber

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:42 AM

4681JB1027C is the correct efm part number as listed by LG. There are no service bulletions regarding a change in the efm. If you are installing the 4681JB1027C motor, being it is the correct one, it will work with the existing bracket. The part specs did not change, only the number ( due to a vender change most likley ). You change all that and I cant see you having any more problems. Have fun.
25 Years in the biz. 9 years LG authorized.

#26 Steve C

Steve C

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

To ALL of you for your EXPERT advise and helpful pictures, THANK YOU so much as I did the recommended "re-build" yesterday.

I installed both the new IF Fan Motor Assembly and new Evaporator Fan Motor (along with a new fan blade, grommet and seal) on a new and redesigned cover, and yes the old bracket worked, along with a new Defrost Sensor and Fuse.

More than twenty-four hours have passed and everything is still quiet AND working!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics