Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Appliance Service News closing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:15 AM

The publication 'Appliance Service News' will no longer be in business.......Got a card from the couple that have been running it since 1977......The husband has died and she is not going to continue publishing as of Jan. 2012....................I'm gonna miss reading the glossy pages and getting the appliance industries feed back / comments, to the workers of the trade out here....................You can still read the past issues of ASN, the user name and passwords will no longer be needed.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

Before the internet---Appliance Service News was the only servicer publication that I knew of in the industry.

It was a valuable resource at the time.

I subscribed to their publication---which in the early 80s---was a very simple format.

Though I haven't read ASN for some time now---It's still sad to see it end.
To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

#3 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

This is odd---just found out that ASNews is owned by...

Gamit Enterprises Inc in Geneva, IL is a private company categorized under Magazines: Publishing and Printing. Our records show it was established in 1977 and incorporated in Illinois.
To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

#4 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

Went to the web site and looked at the office zip code and it is a few numbers away from the zip code on the card that received...............The last publication is Dec.2011.........nothing for January magazine................Bummer, cuz in December I had sent in a check for my yearly subscription................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics