Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

rapid clanking sound on spin cycle

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ck_freak

ck_freak

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 04:47 PM

Hey guys,

I have an Amana washer that the other night I started to think that someone started a lawn mower in my house. It was my washer. When it enter the spin cycle it started makeing a rapid clanking sound. I looked under the washer ad it seemed that the clanking was coming from what I know now as Plastic helix, transmision drive pulley. I don't know how it works or what it is supposed to do, i just know that it clanks very very loadly. Can anyone help me out. I don't know if there broken or something is loose. I can try to take a picture and maybe a vid if needed.

Thanks

Joe

:banana: It's peanut butter and jelly time!!!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 May 2005 - 05:56 PM

Take a photo or two and post 'em here along with your model number.

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,887 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 11:57 PM

Did you pull the front off the washer yet?

I suspect your going to find that your belt has a really bad burnt spot in it. This is very common. If you have noticed it's probably a little louder than normal in agitate also, there just isn't as much tension on the belt in agitate as there is in spin. Everytime the burnt spot comes around it's bouning the idler pulley back and forth rapidly.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics