Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Lennox Pulse Furnaces G-14, and G-21 series general info FYI

Daveb1972

Hello all, Lennox is finally giving in on the Pulse units. Now first let me say I am a Pulse furnace fan, they are pretty neat units. That said, lennox will no longer make most of the "critical parts" for these furnaces. There is an aftermarket ignition control for these, made by BASO BGN891.

There is some warantee relief for the original owners and for subsequent owners less than 15-20 years (depends on which bulletin you read, see the below info...

MEMO

To: Lennox Dealers

Subject: Revised PulseTM Key Component Replacement Procedure

Date: October 1, 2011

Effective October 1, 2011(1), Lennox will implement a revised PulseTM Key Component Replacement Procedure to replace Lennox PulseTM furnaces when key components, that are unique to the PulseTM furnace, are no longer produced by Lennox or our suppliers. This procedure applies to:

Heat Exchanger Replacement

Key Component(2) Not Available (Other than HE)

The original furnace owner or, If not the original owner, installation date must be less than twenty years

The original or subsequent owner and the installation date must be less than fifteen years

PROCEDURE:

During the inspection and/or service of PulseTM furnaces, if it has been determined the heat exchanger is covered by warranty(3) and a heat exchanger is found to have failed, the offer of a replacement furnace below will be made to the homeowner. If a key component (other than the heat exchanger) is found to have failed and is no longer available, the following offer of a replacement furnace will be made to the homeowner if the furnace installation is less than fifteen years. _____________________________________________________________________________________ Model Fixed Price of New Lennox Furnace to Homeowner(4) _____________________________________________________________________________________ G14/GSR14/G21/GSR21 PulseTM Replaced with EL195E $675 or future equivalent _____________________________________________________________________________________ G21V/GSR21V PulseTM Replaced with G61MPV / EL296V $875 or future equivalent _____________________________________________________________________________________

(1) This procedure applies to PulseTM furnaces with heat exchangers covered under warranty which has a key component failure and the failed part is no longer produced.

(2) See attached list of key components.

(3) PulseTM furnaces that are no longer within the heat exchanger warranty period are not eligible for this offer.

(4) Is a fixed price to be charged to the homeowner not including taxes

Upon the submission and approval of a valid Lennox PulseTM Key Component Replacement Form, the dealer will receive a credit from Lennox. This credit represents the difference between the dealer invoice amount from Lennox for the replacement furnace and the fixed price the homeowner will pay.

This procedure does not require the return of the PulseTM furnace or key component. For a failed heat exchanger, simply perform the pressure test, submit the completed PulseTM Key Component Replacement Form, and where applicable, provide proof of original ownership. Examples of proof of ownership include but are not limited to bill of sale, copies of canceled checks, loan documents, title documents, tax records and utility bills.

PulseTM Key Components

1. Heat Exchanger

2. Ignition Control

3. Gas Valves

4. Pressure Switch

5. Purge Blower

6. VSP Control (VSP-1)

7. Fan Timer Control (FTC)

8. WG1 Watchguard Control

9. Fan & Limit Control

10. Modulation Control

11. Spark Plug

12. Spark Plug Lead

13. Flame Sensor

14. Flame Sensor Lead

15. Orifices

16. Air Diaphragm Assembly

17. Gas Diaphragm Assembly

18. Air Diaphragm Housing

19. Drip Legad)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RegUS_PatOff

• Daveb1972

• Bullstok

Top Posters In This Topic

let me know if there's anything new for my Lennox Complete Heat

After a few Taco Pumps, it's still working OK :whistling:

let me know if there's anything new for my Lennox Complete Heat After a few Taco Pumps, it's still working OK :whistling:

We call em' complete HEAP. anyway, the last intonation for the complete heat HM30, was the polaris made HM61. Think HM30, upside down. And no they weren't anymore reliable. The HM30 is a fine unit if the heat exchanger doesnt pit. because its stainless, and hot it is suceptable to both clorides (NaCl/salt) and sulfates (sulphur compounds). Both of these occur in your water naturally. That said, if the water doesnt (or hasent yet) kill it, the only other item that tends to fail is the circ. Make sure you use the potable water circ, and I think I'd even look into the stailess or brass impeller versions if your brave. The other thing that seems to be an issue is the ignitor, and the inducer gaskets, Keep a good eye on the ignition groundwires too. There was a warentee option for the HM30 is the H.E. leaked, and I think it was limited to the original owner, but I can research it through Davenet (as in Dave Lennox..) if you give me the mod/ser numbers.

I sent GMFunk lots of info on the Complete Heap, er I mean Complete Heat. I'd like it if he can post them in the manuals section maybe? Hell I have LOTS of manuals I'd be willing to share.....

I sent GMFunk lots of info on the Complete Heap

... who ? me ?

I didn't get any PM's

I've placed all of the Complete Heat info I have in the downloads section. Used Complete Heat as the tag.