Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

kitchenaid dishwasher-upper spray arms not turning model KUDK03ITWH1

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kevinmac6591

kevinmac6591

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:lone star

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:31 PM

dishwasher has 3 sray arms(well the spray arm in the cieling or very top of unit doesnt resemble the other two but looks like it s designed to function like a spray arm) its very small maybe 4 inches long in kind of a swirl shape. any way whats happening is the bottom rack gets perfectly clean like always but the top rack doesnt get clean at all. problem seems to be the big middle spray arm(attached to the upper rack )and the tiny upper spray arm described dont turn. their position is always the same when i open up dishwasher and they have water dripping out of them,bottom spray arm appears to turn fine and sling water around fine. never in the same position when i open door to check. any ideas very frustrating. p.s. i have made sure nothing is blocking any of the arms. any help appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Derik

Derik

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coors light

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

What's the model #???? And do you use any cleaners such as dwasher magic, glisten?

#3 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

Sounds like it is time to clean the pump intake.....Remove the upper rack,................... remove the feed tube assy........................... remove the accumulator assy, ...................remove the inlet protector.................remove gookus....... reassemble in reverse order...........sound simple :thumbsup: dontit......................

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 30,621 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

What's the model #????

Model number is in the topic title: kudko3itwh1. :thumbsup:

#5 kevinmac6591

kevinmac6591

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

yeah and model is kudk(zero)3itwh1-----found this out when i tried model on sears.com---trying to get diagram of parts sensei was talking about from sears website but as happens a lot get popup that says something about low virtual memory and then half the diagram loads and then freezes and blinks and cursor no longer works and computer machine gets stuck on picture on screen----my old crappy computer i guess--anyway----will try again later to get picture of parts discussed . thanks everybody for your help any other ideas please send them on. oh and yes i do use gliten or dw magic in dishwasher every 6 weeks or so in answer to your question.

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 30,621 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

#7 kevinmac6591

kevinmac6591

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

thanks for pics oh lucid fermented one. big help these are the parts i removed this weekend and before i removed final cover and got down to screen i had already collected a eclectic mix of souvineirs(bread twist tie,glass,one screw, and two or three unidentifieds),removed cover and scraped all gook off screnn . reassembled and tested but problem remains. upper spray arms still not turning, bottom rack getting clean upper rack items getting steamed but not cleaned. any other ideas greatly appreciated. p.s i did make sure actual spray arms not clogged and tube that fills spray arm was open. thanks

#8 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

You may have less than a full charge of water, meaning it isn't filling as much as it should. After it fills and starts to wash, check to see if the water is up to the float switch. You can add some hot water to bring the water level up, and test the machine to see if it drives the spray arms.

Edited by nickfixit, 13 February 2012 - 02:13 PM.

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#9 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

You may have less than a full charge of water, meaning it isn't filling as much as it should. After it fills and starts to wash, check to see if the water is up to the float switch. You can add some hot water to bring the water level up, and test the machine to see if it drives the spray arms.

Water should just touch bottom of heater.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#10 kevinmac6591

kevinmac6591

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

water appears to touch bottom of heater brackets at completion of fill but tried putting extra hot water from sink--- as much as i dared didnt want to overfill to leaking point but added quite a bit --noticably higher --- ran unit still no upper spray arms turning . any other ideas appreciated. thanks

#11 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 30,621 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

New motor pump assembly time ==> http://www.repaircli...0239405/1548519

And here's how to install it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics