Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

kevinmac6591

kitchenaid dishwasher-upper spray arms not turning model KUDK03ITWH1

11 posts in this topic

dishwasher has 3 sray arms(well the spray arm in the cieling or very top of unit doesnt resemble the other two but looks like it s designed to function like a spray arm) its very small maybe 4 inches long in kind of a swirl shape. any way whats happening is the bottom rack gets perfectly clean like always but the top rack doesnt get clean at all. problem seems to be the big middle spray arm(attached to the upper rack )and the tiny upper spray arm described dont turn. their position is always the same when i open up dishwasher and they have water dripping out of them,bottom spray arm appears to turn fine and sling water around fine. never in the same position when i open door to check. any ideas very frustrating. p.s. i have made sure nothing is blocking any of the arms. any help appreciated.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

What's the model #???? And do you use any cleaners such as dwasher magic, glisten?

Sounds like it is time to clean the pump intake.....Remove the upper rack,................... remove the feed tube assy........................... remove the accumulator assy, ...................remove the inlet protector.................remove gookus....... reassemble in reverse order...........sound simple :thumbsup: dontit......................

What's the model #????

Model number is in the topic title: kudko3itwh1. :thumbsup:

yeah and model is kudk(zero)3itwh1-----found this out when i tried model on sears.com---trying to get diagram of parts sensei was talking about from sears website but as happens a lot get popup that says something about low virtual memory and then half the diagram loads and then freezes and blinks and cursor no longer works and computer machine gets stuck on picture on screen----my old crappy computer i guess--anyway----will try again later to get picture of parts discussed . thanks everybody for your help any other ideas please send them on. oh and yes i do use gliten or dw magic in dishwasher every 6 weeks or so in answer to your question.

thanks for pics oh lucid fermented one. big help these are the parts i removed this weekend and before i removed final cover and got down to screen i had already collected a eclectic mix of souvineirs(bread twist tie,glass,one screw, and two or three unidentifieds),removed cover and scraped all gook off screnn . reassembled and tested but problem remains. upper spray arms still not turning, bottom rack getting clean upper rack items getting steamed but not cleaned. any other ideas greatly appreciated. p.s i did make sure actual spray arms not clogged and tube that fills spray arm was open. thanks

You may have less than a full charge of water, meaning it isn't filling as much as it should. After it fills and starts to wash, check to see if the water is up to the float switch. You can add some hot water to bring the water level up, and test the machine to see if it drives the spray arms.

Edited by nickfixit

You may have less than a full charge of water, meaning it isn't filling as much as it should. After it fills and starts to wash, check to see if the water is up to the float switch. You can add some hot water to bring the water level up, and test the machine to see if it drives the spray arms.

Water should just touch bottom of heater.

water appears to touch bottom of heater brackets at completion of fill but tried putting extra hot water from sink--- as much as i dared didnt want to overfill to leaking point but added quite a bit --noticably higher --- ran unit still no upper spray arms turning . any other ideas appreciated. thanks