Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Dishwasher - Whirlpool Gold Quiet Partner III - model GU1200XTKQ0 - glasses have dirt particles

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 donl1150

donl1150

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

We have a Whirlpool Gold Quiet Partner III - model number GU1200XTKQ0. It is about 10 years old. Lately the glasses have been coming out with tiny particles attached to them. We have tall, small diameter (2 inch) glasses that seem to get the particles stuck inside. Others mainly on the outside. Nothing on plates, pots, pans, utensils, etc.

Have always used Jet Dry along with liquid detergent. Have soft water but it does have high iron content.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Don

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Derik

Derik

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coors light

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

Do you use dishwasher magic??? And if not ask the guys at repairclinic for some!!!

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

Use This Link
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 donl1150

donl1150

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

I have not. Will give it a shot today and report back in after a few cycles. Thanks

#5 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

Possibly water not reaching upper rack due to clogged inlet protector and/or chopper. 1st place I always check -- look under the lower spray arm through the openings in the accumulator assembly to look for debris... Take a look at this thread: 36411-kitchenaid-dishwasher-upper-spray-arms-not-turning/

Edited by Chat_in_RI, 11 February 2012 - 11:44 AM.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics