Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung WF328AAW Front Load Leaking from Detergent Drawer

samsung wf328aaw leak drawer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ubiquitous

ubiquitous

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:IPA

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

Spoke with 1800SAMSUNG and they suggested pulling the drawer out and watching (similar to http://appliantology...__1#entry223407). Water is leaking out the drawer ONLY on the HOT cycle (water drains fine during the cold cycles). Looks like during the hot cycle, some of the water streams that come out of the perforated plastic guide in the top of the drawer assembly are shooting toward the front of the washer and not straight down. Also, there appears to be a larger volume of water than the cold cycle because there is significant backup in the drawer drain section, but only on the hot cycle. We've rinsed and made sure that the hose from the drawer assembly to the drum is clear. What's next? Do I need to replace the Hot/Cold water perforated guide? Can i remove it to clean it? Water pressure shouldn't be the issue as we've done nothing to change it (didn't install/remove osmosis machine etc).

Many thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 ubiquitous

ubiquitous

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:IPA

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

The quick solution was to turn down the hot water spigot to a very low flow. This solved the forward spraying and it prevented the drawer assembly from overflowing. I'm not sure what would have changed the pressure in our home (or washer), and only on the hot side, but at least for now we can do laundry now.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,691 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Domo for posting the fix! :thumbsup:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: samsung, wf328aaw, leak, drawer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics