Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
jeremyb

Dacor ED30 Dishwasher vibration on drain, dishes not coming out clean and rack problems

10 posts in this topic

Oh Grand Fermented Master of Appliance Bliss,

Humbly I beseech thee for wisdom.

Here are the problems:

1) Major vibrations when the washer drains and does not seem to clean the dishes thoroughly. I think these issues are related. I have removed the screens from the machine and cleaned everything in the "well" at the bottom of the unit but the problem seems to be getting worse as time goes by.

2) The top rack as plastic and nylon bearings that go between the stainless steel slides that it rides on and every single one of them has fallen out so the rack keeps falling off. Do I need to replace the slides or can new bearings be purchased and installed?

3) The bottom rack does not seem to fit quite right. Every dishwasher we get seems to have this problem. The wheels do not seem to ride correctly on the tracks that are part of the sides of the tub. The wheels seem to be to narrow and not ride on the track properly. Any ideas?

Thank you for your wisdom.

- Grasshopper

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Whoowee, I thought Dacor bought all these old dogs back. They had such horrendous problems that they actually spent boocoo $$ buying back these units from customers just to get them out of the public. Here are some ED30 goodies that'll hepya:

Service Manual

Parts Catalog

Service Bulletin-Upper rack retro fit Instructions

Service Bulletin-Wont close, popping open, leaking

Yikes, who do I talk to about returning it? Do you think it is worth trying to fix it?

Edited by jeremyb

I am getting an F9 error, heater fault. Do you know how I would trouble shoot this?

I would begin by checking heater resistance, make sure it's not open. There's a safety device in the heater circuit that could be open, too-- you'll need to check that as well. If both of those check good, then you graduate to live voltage tests to see if the heater circuit is actually cranking out voltage.

Do you have any idea what the voltage going to the heater should be?

Pretty sure it's just going to be 120vac but that spec will be in the service manual. OTOH, if you see you're only getting 73vac or something like that, that's junk voltage and you know you have a a supply problem, maybe an open neutral.

But don't get ahead of yourself on this-- start with a simple continuity check of the element and then graduate to voltage checks.

So I found that the ends of the wires that have the female plus attached were a bit burnt. I cut them off and crimped on new ones and that fixed the heater. I still was getting the F1 error so I replaced the pressure switch and that fixed that. Any hot ideas on why the drain pump would be vibrating like crazy? The circ pump works great, it is the drain pump that has the problem.

Thanks.

Good job on the heater and the F1!

Sounds like the drain pump either has some gookus attached to one of the impeller vanes throwing it off balance or the bearings are shot. Try cleaning it out. If that doesn't work, then just replace the drain pump ==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Pump-Component/72113/1392476?modelNumber=ED30