Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kitchen Aid KEBC208KSS02 double oven display and control board problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 roberto

roberto

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:sam adams

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

We a have issue with a Kitchen Aid double oven. The owner tells us that the problem started when they had a power surge. When we arrived the unit was virtually dead - showing a few lights on panel. We tested incoming power and power from internal transformers. All were normal according to the tech sheet. We figured, replace the keypad and the control board. When we installed the new items and powered up, the display came back on but only the upper oven worked and we couldn't cancel any process. We rechecked everything within our capability to test - all still to spec.
Since the replacement boards are re-manufactured ( which is bothersome in itself as the unit is only a few years old ) we hoped for a faulty board and we ordered another expensive control board. When we plugged the second one in, display lights flashed briefly then disappeared and the unit back to dead.
The repairs/adjustments on both re-manufactured boards are obvious and sloppy in appearance. We think it's a stretch to think that both new boards, even re-mfg, came to us bad, so we must have overlooked something. We don't have access to the Kitchen Aid tech support so we are wondering if anyone has experienced similar circumstances or could offer any suggestions. As always thanks very much.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,061 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

What's the part number of the board you're replacing?

#3 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Control power transformer OK?
We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

... Since the replacement boards are re-manufactured

... from where ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics