Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung RS2630SH/XAA wont make ice

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 benzonaruckus

benzonaruckus

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:no time, work and go to school 24-7. when i do, anything cold.

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

Hi, i am a service tech and i am getting more and more calls for samsung as im the only guy in town that will even try to repair them here. I am successful in most of the repairs but some still stump me from time to time.

Anyways, I have a customers sxs with M# RS2630SH that will not make ice unless the test button is pressed. It will twist the tray, rotate back and forth an call for more water which it fills and will dump the "test" ice, but does not continue to cycle. I do not like just changing parts in hopes i fix it but I could not find anything wrong with any parts so I have installed a new ice maker, H2O valve, and filter. the light on the front does not say "ice off" or anything obvious like that and it still wont make ice. I am under the impression it may be the control board but was hoping maybe you guys could help me out a bit.

Now the ORIGINAL call was "wont make ice and the middle of the fridge is warm". I found a faulty condensor fan(very common problem), repaired and everything was back to normal except the ice maker issue which is an ongoing issue.

I finally became a member after using this site a bit and am looking forward to becoming a active participating member.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Derik

Derik

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coors light

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

Yeah samsung fridges r a pain in ass!!! Fixed alot of them and if couldn't just wouldn't charge the customer! So Im assuming temps on fridge r up to par???

Can you post schematic for unit???

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

what's the Freezer temperature ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 benzonaruckus

benzonaruckus

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:no time, work and go to school 24-7. when i do, anything cold.

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:37 AM

Sorry I dont have the schematic:( freezer temp I'm unaware of right now, but everything is freezing solid and cooling just fine. when the customer has ice(bag ice) it stays frozen solid so I'm positive its cold enough

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,877 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

Need an accurate measurement of the freezer temp because the icemaker won't make ice unless the i/m sensor sees a temp less than 1.5F for 5 minutes. And you can't tell the difference by feel between 2F and 1.5F. It's possible there's still a temperature control problem in the freezer.

This icemaker comes in two parts:
the flex mold ==> Ice Tray

and the control module head w/ sensor ==> Control Module

When you say you replaced the icemaker, which part did you replace? Part number?

Here's the thumbnail run-down from the Fast Track Manual on how the icemaker works:

FLEX TRAY Ice Makers
When the initial power is applied, the ice tray will stand by for 2 hours. After the 2-hour standby time, the Ice Maker Sensor will check
the temperature , when it is lower than 1.5␣ for more than 5 minutes, it will do a harvest, with or without ice in the tray, then fill with water. 58 minutes after water is supplied to the Ice Tray, the Ice Maker Sensor temperature will be checked. When the Ice Maker Sensor maintains lower than 1.5␣ for 5 minutes, it completes the harvest (if the ice bin is not sensed as full). Thermistor senses temperature to determine water fill on newer units Filling the tray After the water fill is completed, the ice maker sensor will evaluate the water volume one and a half minutes later. When it detects no or low water level, it will add more water. First supply time will be 1.5 sec, next one will be 1 sec and the last will be 2 sec.

The other thing that will prevent a harvest is if the board senses that the ice bin is full (even though it may not be).

Both the service manual and the Fast Track manual are in the Downloads section of this site ==> http://appliantology...0-tech-manuals/

You'll need to become an Apprentice to download them ==> Apprenticeship

#6 BryanS

BryanS

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:I don't drink

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

I have seen a few models with service bulletins recommending the change of the control board and icemaker assembly if you cannot find another reason why it isn't working. I would check the freezer temps like suggested first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics