Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tracerracer

My LG wm0532hw front load washer is not spinning or draining....... No codes

10 posts in this topic

Also, throwing NO codes....... I have run the QC test mode (unplug for 20 mins or so to 'reset', then press the spin speed/soil level ...... Then X amount of pressing the start/pause button, to get it to do Y) In that, it will not spin or drain, no noise........... Any suggestions to help me 'narrow down' what is the problem (or did I 'lose' the pump AND something else simultaneously?) It does make a 'humming' noise (while not 'doing anything' during the cycle)

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

<<<It does make a 'humming' noise (while not 'doing anything' during the cycle)>>>

Does water fill/enter the tub?

If yes---unplug washer

Remove the rear/back access panel

Remove the 17mm bolt from the motor assy

Pull off the ROTOR ASSY (large round silver part of the motor)

Examine the *splines* on the ROTOR. If *stripped/worn*---replace the ROTOR ASSY.

Add *threadlocker* to the 17mm bolt when re-installing.

Could b plugged pump???

<<<Could b plugged pump???>>>

Usually an "OE" error will be displayed if a *no-drain* condition occurs.

Occassionally---a DRAIN MOTOR will function---but at a reduced capacity (or intermittently).

If this washer is at/near 5 years old---it could very well be a failing DRAIN MOTOR.

Some WM0532 washers *did* have a problem with the ROTOR becoming loose and this causes the spline/teeth to become stripped/worn on the ROTOR (this occurs more often on WM0642 models though).

In many cases---the complaint will be...

"The washer made a lot noise during tumble or spin and the clothing is wet at the end of the cycle".

More...

If water remains in the tub---the washer will NOT enter the spin cycle.

Try draining any remaining water from the tub---through the small/black drain tube at the lower left corner on the front of the washer.

Turn on the washer.

Press the SPIN SPEED button---select the highest spin speed setting

Press START.

Did the tub enter high speed spin when "9 minutes" was displayed?

If yes---replace the DRAIN MOTOR.

http://www.repaircli...Number=WM0532HW

Edited by john63

Ok, sorry it's been so long (and thank you for your answers) Rotor off and is good, I think it is the drain motor (as described) where is that on this machine?

Once again, sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you and thank you for replying ........... I believe strongly that it is the pump.......... I now have one ordered........ Thank you again for your time and answers..................T

Sounds like a plan.

Let us know of the results.

Good Luck

I finally received the new drain pump and replaced it.... What it turned out to be , was HAIR in the pump.......... My DD has very long hair and it got 'wound up' into a rock like 'plug' in the pump (didn't find it until replacing it).............. It has taught me a lesson, I will be checkin' my pump at least twice a tr to try and avoid this again........ Thank you for all of your suggestions

Could b plugged pump???

Could b plugged pump???

Glad you got it fixed,and got to learn bout your washer!!!! Good job!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0