Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Howard Kuhns

Maytag LDE7600 Dryer rear felt seal

4 posts in this topic

I just replaced the rear felt seal and the two front glides. I also lubricated the rollers while I had it apart. Now the drum is really hard to turn and stops on a dime. Should I put some silicone lubricant on the felt? It also squeaks a little.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Best do some backtracking and see if you routed the belt wrong or the drum got cockeyed - DO NOT lubricate the felt seal, and the rollers shouldn't be all gooed up as they'll attract lint - check condition of idler etc. Did you rivet the new pads to the front ?

Moron that here: http://appliantology.org/blog/1/entry-370-how-to-disassemble-a-maytag-dependable-care-dryer/

You nailed it, although I figured it out on my own when I took it apart and found a pile of belt shavings under the idler wheel. I had improperly routed the belt OVER the little guide arm instead of UNDER it, so it was rubbing. The squeak which started this whole project went away with a little cleaning and lube to the idler wheel. Sounds great, now, although I probably took a few years off the life of the belt.

Thanks a bunch.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0