Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Howard Kuhns

Maytag LDE7600 Dryer rear felt seal

4 posts in this topic

I just replaced the rear felt seal and the two front glides. I also lubricated the rollers while I had it apart. Now the drum is really hard to turn and stops on a dime. Should I put some silicone lubricant on the felt? It also squeaks a little.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Best do some backtracking and see if you routed the belt wrong or the drum got cockeyed - DO NOT lubricate the felt seal, and the rollers shouldn't be all gooed up as they'll attract lint - check condition of idler etc. Did you rivet the new pads to the front ?

Moron that here: http://appliantology.org/blog/1/entry-370-how-to-disassemble-a-maytag-dependable-care-dryer/

You nailed it, although I figured it out on my own when I took it apart and found a pile of belt shavings under the idler wheel. I had improperly routed the belt OVER the little guide arm instead of UNDER it, so it was rubbing. The squeak which started this whole project went away with a little cleaning and lube to the idler wheel. Sounds great, now, although I probably took a few years off the life of the belt.

Thanks a bunch.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0