Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch 500 Series Washing Machine Will Not Drain

Bosch 500 500 series drain wont drain will not drain piece of crap

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ranier

Ranier

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:PBR

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

I have a Bosch 500 Series washing machine that will not drain. We washed a bath mat with some sort of rubberized backing that appears to have disintegrated. We've washed this item before without problem. Now, it has rendered our machine useless.

We've removed the circular panel at the lower right front of the machine, opened the door and drained the water manually (by hand and wet/dry vac) and millions of small rubber backing pieces. We've done this about 6 times now and the machine still won't drain on its own.

There was a lady that posted on this forum a couple of years ago that was trying to resolve a similar situation for a friend (http://applianceguru...rum2/14805.html). She was able to resolve on her own, but someone (Samurai Appliance Repair Man) posted a page from the service manual on how to clear the pump.

Can someone lend a hand in figuring out how clear whatever remaining blockage we have? We clear out the water and floating particles, try to run a cycle and it goes on for a while but we eventually get the E:13 error. We drain and repeat and haven't been able to run a full cycle.

Thank you.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Ranier

Ranier

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:PBR

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

Well, we may have fixed our own problem. There is a black hose that goes from the drum to the pump. We took off the back panel of the machine and "massaged" a large mass of rubber particles clogging the hose through to the outlet. Vacuumed up the junk and it now drains. We're trying a full cycle now to see how that goes.

#3 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

Had you been more patient until I could read this and offered a solution, I would have given you the solution you found on your own. You have potential of becoming more than a grasshopper.

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

Ten Commandments for Reading Appliance Model Numbers :)
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bosch, 500, 500 series, drain, wont drain, will not drain, piece of crap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics