Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire, dishwasher, FDBB2040FC1 Round II

leak from underneath

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Tsuriman

Tsuriman

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

I am back to the fabulous applaintology website once again. Hoping your advice can save a Friggy dishwasher one more time. This time I had a really hard time finding where the leak is coming from. I am afraid dish soap was run through a couple of times and may be a culprit but maybe not.

Could you please help me diagnose and hopefully find an easy fix for this leak.
Here is the pic.
Posted Image

PS Round I: Was great, the score cards show 10-8 in favor of the Ikkō-ikki appliantologist. Friggy front seal is working great. Here.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

Nice Pic ! :thumbsup:

Here's your order:

Circulation-Pump-154859101-01294893.jpg
http://www.repaircli...ber=FDBB2040FC1

O-Ring-154246901-00569286.jpg

O-Ring-154247001-00569354.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Tsuriman

Tsuriman

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

Nice Pic ! :thumbsup:

Thanks

Circulation-Pump-154859101-01294893.jpg

So I remove the above referenced pump and put the new gaskets on?

O-Ring-154246901-00569286.jpg

O-Ring-154247001-00569354.jpg

$22 gaskets?

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

... $22 gaskets?

:woot:
the $16 is too small ... :whistling:
http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=274144

Shaft-Seal-WD8X181-00559146.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 Tsuriman

Tsuriman

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

:woot:
the $16 is too small ... :whistling:
http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=274144

Shaft-Seal-WD8X181-00559146.jpg

LOL (for real, the family is looking at me like I am nuts!!)
I think it is donation time :-P

#6 Tsuriman

Tsuriman

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

Wow.
I really am going to have to buy a new pump. Sucks that a perfectly good pump is just because the plastic got knocked a little catty whomp ass.

So, I pulled the motor. The head of the thing got knock out of place by a chunk of food or plastic or something. It clicked right back into place, the gaskets look a-ok, but after I reinstalled it, still leaks. Took it out again. The plastic is just so slightly warped, it must have sat too long bent up.

I cant find or dont know if its possible to replace the plastic.
Anyway, I have a nice little pic. It shows how the front seal is compromised somehow and it leaks back into the motor, somehow and drains out the vent.
Posted Image
Edit: The red arrow on the bottom should have a caption "Leaks out here."
Bottom line, I need a new pump? And the gaskets are included, right?

Edited by Tsuriman, 21 February 2012 - 10:11 AM.

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

... And the gaskets are included, right?

they are shown in the Pump Part link video

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,452 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

Did I miss sumpin? Cant you just buy the new gaskets? Yes, the price is absurd at $22 a piece but, according to my Old Skool math, that's still a C-note less than buying the whole pump. :kopkrab:

#9 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:39 AM

they are shown in the Pump Part link video

I have only replaced approx 1/2 dozen of those motors, but anytime I ordered them, they came without the seals - the part link shows it without - You may need to order them as well
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#10 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:38 AM

I have only replaced approx 1/2 dozen of those motors, but anytime I ordered them, they came without the seals - the part link shows it without - You may need to order them as well

It's about 50/50 whether or not the seals are included with the pump on the various pump part numbers. When I see the word "kit" attached to the part description, it usually means the seals come with the pump.

Also, pull the pump and inspect the shroud around the impeller. These are known for coming loose and making a loud sqeal that comes and goes as the plastic floats back and forth...

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#11 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:04 AM

I really doubt it's the o-rings leaking. Since water is coming out the weep hole that would tell me the main motor shaft bushings have worn out causing the impeller seal to leak, (which isn't an uncommon occurance in these cheap garbage Frickadare dishwashers).
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#12 Tsuriman

Tsuriman

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

Did I miss sumpin? Cant you just buy the new gaskets? Yes, the price is absurd at $22 a piece but, according to my Old Skool math, that's still a C-note less than buying the whole pump. :kopkrab:

I thought it might be the gasket but it really looks to be in pretty good shape. I am thinking the plastic looks a little out of shape, maybe 1/16" or so, like something was lodged in there for a while. Does this gasket just make a seal between the internal parts, does the gasket = leaking outside the machine? Does the water dripping out the "weep hole" (sorry not a vent), mean something, as Budget mentioned?

Pic of what I mean.
Friggypumpbent.jpg

I really doubt it's the o-rings leaking. Since water is coming out the weep hole that would tell me the main motor shaft bushings have worn out causing the impeller seal to leak, (which isn't an uncommon occurance in these cheap garbage Frickadare dishwashers).

#13 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:29 AM

Having problems with the quick reply working since Samurai installed the new "TOOLS" at the bottom of the screen, posted a reply and it won't post. Had go to more reply options to post.

You need to replace the motor to fix your problem, the o-ring seals are not the problem if the water is coming out the hole in the center of the slots in the above picture, (that is a weep hole for water to exit the motor if/when the impeller seal fails). There are no replacable parts on these motors.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#14 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,452 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:43 AM

The above post should not be in this discussion but I can't delete it, forum is acting screwy when I tried to delete or edit the above post.

Also having problems with the quick reply working since Samurai installed the new "TOOLS" at the bottom of the screen, posted a reply and it won't post. Had go to more reply options to post.

I know, I know... it was a late night 'spearmint during one of my rare periods of sobriety. Got up this morning, popped a cold Kirin, came to my senses and deleted that frikkin' toolbar. Back to normal. Ahhh.... :gulp:

#15 Tsuriman

Tsuriman

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

You need to replace the motor to fix your problem, the o-ring seals are not the problem if the water is coming out the hole in the center of the slots in the above picture, (that is a weep hole for water to exit the motor if/when the impeller seal fails). There are no replacable parts on these motors.

DOMO!

#16 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

I know, I know... it was a late night 'spearmint during one of my rare periods of sobriety. Got up this morning, popped a cold Kirin, came to my senses and deleted that frikkin' toolbar. Back to normal. Ahhh.... :gulp:

During the "Spearmint", the Appliantology Logo was out, and was unable to gain access to user profiles. Was one of those "here we go again" moments.

None of the "rollover" features would work either.

#17 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,452 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

Velly interestink, Brother kdog. Good thing it was a short-lived spearmint!

But, stay tuned, kids-- weird ol' Uncle Samurai's got some more strange brew on tap coming soon. ;)

#18 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

:mage:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics