Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch SHV6803 not heating water - how to get to control module

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 richt

richt

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

Attached File  boschdishwasher.jpg   101.37KB   7 downloadsHoping for your help here - subscribed to the forum a few years ago and you helped me replace a water inlet valve on my subzero fridge for the icemake that saved me hundreds!

Now have the above model bosch dishwasher that will not heat water - i suspect it is the faulty relay solder joint described in other threads.

My problem is how to get to the control module? This has the integral wood panel door - i took the wood panel door off by removing the torx screws but there is a metal piece that runs around the top where the buttons or and also covers the control module - I can't seem to figure out how to remove this without breaking something - I downloaded the repair manual but there didn't seem to be a clear cut picture for how to do this w/ the SHV - can you help please?

I've uploaded a picture so you can see the metal piece I am talking about - the front of it is covered with white paper that appears glued on.

Many thanks again.

Rich

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

Service info is downloadable from HERE - see page 31 for console access
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 richt

richt

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

Just to add to the poor solder of the relay thread here - I finally pulled the control module - it is helpful to label each of the 7 wire harnesses that snap into it and on the module also - then the top of the module lifts off. Using a magnfiying glass it was clear one of the solder points was worn away or missing as has been shown on other threads here.

I resoldered it and it is working like brand new again - spectacular website, spectacular advice.

Agree with other posters that the solder takes less than 30 seconds - getting the integral wood panel door back on the SHV model was much more of a thrash!

Thanks again Appliance Master!

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,709 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

For other, non-Apprentices coming along later and reading this, you can download the Official Bosch Dishwasher Training manual here ==>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics