Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dmilamj

F7 Error, DCS WOT-230 wall oven - parts availability? also possible other tips?

2 posts in this topic

I am having a recurring F7 error (key pad key depressed, generally caused by a bad keypad, but can also be a bad controller) with a DCS wall oven. I have read the F7 FAQ here, and have tried:

1) cleaning the contacts

2) adding paper insulation on either side of the ribbon cable

The problem is intermittant, and is much worse when the weather is humid.

Tonight I will try disconnecting the ribbon cable and applying power to the oven to see if the F7 error returns without the keypad attached.

If it doesn't I assume that means that there is a short in the touch pad.

A couple of questions:

1) I can't find the keypad in any of the online parts suppiers. It is DCS part 17530-02 Rev. b, can anyone point me to a resource to find this DCS part?

2) Is there any other way to repair/troubleshoot the keypad? Can I heat it up with a heat gun, bake it in (some other) oven, peel it apart, something? I don't know how these membrane pads work, so I'm not sure where to start.

Thanks,

Dave

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

So today I unhooked the keypad ribbon cable and then applied power to the oven. It's been several hours now without an F7 error, so I think that the keypad is almost certainly defective.

Has anyone hacked one of these pads? They are just an array of momentary on switches right? Could I roll my own?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0