Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Asko 10505 door seal question

door seal asko 10505

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DaddysHomeKids

DaddysHomeKids

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Shipyard Export Ale

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

Hi there folks. I have kept our ancient Asko 10505 going all these years (since '97) through many parts transfusions and much help from this forum. The latest problem was a small leak from the bottom of the door opening. So I removed the old "door seal" which seemed to have cracked - hope that's the problem, and purchased a new one:
http://www.repaircli...delNumber=10505, Of course, by the time it came, I had disposed of the old one and now I can't seem to get the new one in.

It's a question of which edge of the seal goes in first. This seal fits around the door opening in the machine, into the circular space created by an edge of this rubber gasket: http://www.repaircli...delNumber=10505 and the lip of the opening into the washer. The seal is a circular piece of plain hard plastic strip, almost rectangular when seen edge on, but for a slight lip on one side going all the way around. If you shove it around the gasket with the lip facing out, it just falls out again. So, you would think that this lip would have to fit pointing in rather than out, and would then click into place behind the metal ring formed by the edge of the door opening. But it is absolutely horrendously too tight to make this happen. Sure, maybe I'm just not being forceful enough, but I wanted to be sure before I break it (especially since it was the last one in stock).

To make this a little clearer, I actually found a page from the Service manual as part of the repairclinic.com image for the entire door assembly. http://www.repaircli...&locID=2176 If you look at figure 3 on the page, the screwdriver is pointing at the part I'm wrestling with. And the instructions on the page are actually about how to put it in! (along with everything else having to do with the door). But the images are not clear enough to tell which way the seal is inserted. So I wondered if anyone had ever done this and could give me some tips. Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DaddysHomeKids

DaddysHomeKids

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Shipyard Export Ale

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

Oops: in the starting post, I got the URL for the service manual page wrong - here it is: http://www.repaircli...5163&locID=2176

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

Mounting instruction for exchange of front door assembly
on units manufactured before week 32 1997
140e.pdf

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics