Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore HE2 110.46462501 Washer Won't start the cycle

HE2 CCU MCU

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 pcmedix1

pcmedix1

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sierra Pale Ale

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

OK I have 2.5 year old Kenmore HE2 washer that is not working (Will not start the cycle). I have done enough research to run the diagnostics and pull the codes. One was for the temp. sensor (F24) , and the other was for the door latch (F22). I have done the multimeter tests found in the service manual. I realize this is a Whirlpool Duet model and used 8178558.pdf manual. I ran into the same issues as did others where the test shown for the door latch is incorrect in the manual. The center pin is common. You should be testing 1>2 and 2>3 with 60 ohms resistance on each. If you test pin 1>3 you get 120 ohms because you are going across both actuators. I get 60 and 60 if you test it properly per the wire diagram and ignore what the incorrect info in the book says. So the way I see it the latch is fine. It locks and I never get water or anything else after I push start. The temp sensor tests fine. I even went ahead and tested the pressure switch ,dispenser motor and line filter. Everything is testing fine. I think I have a bad CCU and I wanted a second opinion before ordering. Please help, maybe I've forgotten something?

Scott

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

The measurements you made at the doorlock is for the 2 coils (locking/unlocking = 60 ohms each), but there is also a switch in the latch that needs to close before the CCU will give the ok to start a cycle, it could be at fault.

Link to Latch:
http://www.repaircli...er=110.46462501

Door-Hook-W10253483-00780082.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,699 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

Other things besides the actuators can fail inside the door lock causing an F22 error. Unplug and re-connect all the wire harness connectors on the door lock and from the door lock to the CCU. If the problem persists, I'd go with the door lock assembly ==> http://www.repaircli...er=110.46462501

The measurements you made at the doorlock is for the 2 coils (locking/unlocking = 60 ohms each), but there is also a switch in the latch that needs to close before the CCU will give the ok to start a cycle, it could be at fault. Link to Latch:

Door-Hook-W10253483-00780082.jpg

Great minds do think alike! Was camped out on this page when you made your post, Grand Master! :thumbsup:

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

I too, enjoy camping :thumbsup: - makes us twice as right
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 pcmedix1

pcmedix1

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

I did test the switch also. It passed. I have not disconnected/reconnected the wires at the switch/latch, only at the CCU. I did notice that the door catch tab was loose when I first started looking at why the washer quit. I since tightened it. Maybe it is the catch? I'll unplug and replug those wires and post back.

#6 pcmedix1

pcmedix1

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

OK I unplugged and replugged all the wires at the switch (Door Hook). Still won't start. I just don't understand why it could be that part when it passes all of the tests?

#7 pcmedix1

pcmedix1

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

Another thing I've noticed. If I unplug the machine after trying to start a cycle when nothing happens, then plug it back in, it will start filling with water. It doesn't fill that much. Then it stops again and does nothing. If I Iet it sit it does nothing. If I push stop twice it shuts off. If I try the cycle again, it will drain, and then do nothing again. Wierd. I'm a computer guy and this sure does seem like a funky computer. This is why I suspect the CCU. I guess I can just take a chance on the dool hook part, but it really doesn't seem like that is defective.

#8 mark mac

mark mac

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

unplugged the washer ,unplug the mi3 connector from ccu , plug washer back in if it locks and starts u have a bad motor control board sounds like a bad mcu

#9 pcmedix1

pcmedix1

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

I followed your instructions. The door locked and the all the cycle lights started blinking like it went into diagnostic mode. It never started taking water though. What next? Thanks!

#10 mark mac

mark mac

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

you need an mcu for washer

#11 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

Motor-Control-Board-W10197864-00738201.j

#12 pcmedix1

pcmedix1

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

I pull the MCU out and take a look at the circuit board and what do you know? The large bridge rectifier that is pasted to the heatsink with 4 pins had a bad solder joint on the inner most pin with a little burnt mark. I cleaned it up and flowed some solder in there and Bazinga. It works!! Thanks for all the help and resources found on these forums!! I saved at least $200!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics