Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Nautilus filling and draining at the same time. GSC3430F00WW

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bobjenkenson

bobjenkenson

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:36 AM

Hello, I have a GE Nautilus model number GSC3430F00WW. It is a portable apartment unit. A little over a week ago, the timer went out. The pump was leaking also (I tried to replace the o-ring by the solenoid where it was leaking, but it still leaked.) I decided to replace both at the same time. Now the dishwasher fills just fine on the initial fill, but after the solenoid turns on to drain, it stays open. So the next cycle when it is filling, the machine just drains back into the sink.

I thought maybe I had a defective timer, so I reinstalled my old one and manually moved it through the positions and it did the same thing. So, I thought maybe it was the new solenoid itself. Since the old one was working just fine (the pump was what was leaking) I switched them out. It had the same problem.

I am not sure what happened between then and now and how this problem started, but I am wondering what i am not checking. What could be a solution to this problem? Once the Solenoid is open, even directly unplugging it during the cycle (from under the machine) does not close it. The way I can get it to close is by unlatching the machine and re-latching it to go through the next cycle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:05 AM

What did you replace besides the timer ? cause it sure sounds like a bad (sticking) flapper valve in the pump housing - solenoid is only energized for a few seconds (20 ?) at the drain interval, when the pump runs dry, the valve should "fall" back to closed position by gravity - if that isn't happening, you have pump issues.

http://www.repaircli...er=GSC3430F00WW

Pump-and-Motor-Assembly-WD26X10013-00858

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 bobjenkenson

bobjenkenson

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

It is a new pump as well. Maybe it is defective? Is there anything I can do to make it work, or should I ship it back for an exchange? I have tried to lift up on the valve while it is stuck down but it won't even budge then.

thanks

#4 RussTech

RussTech

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Heineken

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

Are both those little springs on the silinoid hooked up right?
All your wires plugged in correctly?
You need to test and see if theres voltage going to it persistently during this behavior..
Pump-and-Motor-Assembly-WD26X10013-00859

Edited by Mrs. Samurai, 13 May 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

Once the Solenoid is open, even directly unplugging it during the cycle (from under the machine) does not close it.

If the flapper arm doesn't move up and down by hand, then there is either some debris (straw etc) inside the housing, or the pump mechanism is seized.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#6 RussTech

RussTech

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Heineken

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

Depends what he means by open. see how the solenoid is in the pic, thats it at rest, with the pump flap closed. When voltage gets sent to it, the little cylinder gets pulled into the coil, which opens the flap.

#7 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

move up and down by hand,

Open, Close or Close, Open - call it what you will, but this needs to occur

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics