Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire, FDE336RES2, Dryer, Start Issues

frigidaire dryer starting start button timer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sighBorg67

sighBorg67

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bass Ale

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

Hello, I have a Frigidaire FDE336RES2 model clothes dryer that has exhibited a progressive series of issues involving failure to start and/or faulty starting.

First - the starter button itself began to fail. To get it to start, had to press it more than once, or hold it down longer than usual. Other than that, dryer would run fine.

Second - within 1-2 weeks of first symptom, the dryer began to start simply by turning the timer knob. Opening the dryer door would now NOT turn dryer off. In order to turn the unit off, the timer knob had to be turned to 0 (zero). Otherwise, dryer working as normal.

Third - Currently (w/in days of symptom 2), dryer will make 'running' sound when the timer knob is turned, and will heat up normally, but now the drum no longer turns - whether door open or closed.

If this is the motor going bad, maybe it is time to face the music and buy a new dryer (unit is eleven years old). But - if it may otherwise be repaired, I would be happy to do it.

Any Ideas?

"Music is the best"

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,876 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

Let's start with the third problem you listed for this Magical Pig:

Third - Currently (w/in days of symptom 2), dryer will make 'running' sound when the timer knob is turned, and will heat up normally, but now the drum no longer turns - whether door open or closed.

This sounds suspiciously like a broken belt. Open the door and try to rotate the drum each way. If it turns easily in both directions, then you probably have a broken belt ==> Drive Belt

The 1st and 2nd problems could both be a bad start switch. You can check this with your meter to verify ==> Start Switch

#3 sighBorg67

sighBorg67

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bass Ale

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

I will check all of this tomorrow morning.

Thanks a million for the quick response, and goodnight Samurai Appliance Repairman, wherever you are!

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

... To get it to start .. starter button .. had to press it more than once, or hold it down longer than usual.
... dryer began to start simply by turning the timer knob
... Opening the dryer door would now NOT turn dryer off.
... Currently ... dryer will make 'running' sound when the timer knob is turned, and will heat up normally, but now the drum no longer turns

1) bad Start Button
2) bad Start Button
3) bad Door Switch (opening Door should disconnect Neutral to Motor)
4) broken Belt
many problems ... check to see if there's a lot of lint inside the Dryer, Switches, Motor ....

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics