Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Vellacott

Noisy Thermostat - Whirlpool Side By Side Fridge Freezer

8 posts in this topic

We have an american style fridge freezer (Whirlpool) - side by side. The thing is driving us mad. The thermostat goes click, click, click continuously every 10mins and is very noisy. This only happens during the day because we are opening and closing the fridge regularly.

I have taken off the back panel and located the noise as coming from the circuit board. At the moment it is silent because it is the middle of the night, but if I press the 'make ice' button - it start click, click, clicking again.

The unit seems to work fine - but the constant noise is driving us mad. Does anyone know what is going on as I am only assuming it is a noisy thermostat?

PS: It is not the fan - that runs fine with no blockages.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[glow=yellow]Post your model number![/glow]

Whirlpool: Serial - 1103 1100 2723

Model: 858615015001

No pulling up anything on that model number, try again.

Vellacott, where are you? I suspect Europe, which would explain why we can't get a fix on the model number.

Ok, well that explains alot. :goober:

Can you post a photo of the part you're referring to? Also, if you can locate the techsheet for your refrigerator and post it, that would help, too. Since we can't look up anything on your fridge, any supplemental information you can provide, such as photos and tech sheets, are essential. If it's easier, you can fax the tech sheet to me at +1 775 416 4449.

I will take a photo of the fridge and the part that makes the noise. Thanks....

P