Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Model 587.16252402 gets stuck on wash cycle.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sarah Cole

Sarah Cole

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

I have a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher model 587.16252402 that was just hooked up today. When we purchased our house, it was here already but never hooked up. We were told that it was brand new, just never used (i'm beginning to doubt this). I tried to use it earlier this evening. When I put it on hard wash, which according to the manual is supposed to take 2hrs 45min, and then came back when 3hrs later I heard it still going, it was still on wash. I was told that maybe the water isn't hot enough, but when I had checked it after 3hrs on wash, I got a steam facial upon opening the door. I can try turning up my water heater to see if that helps but other than that I have no idea what to do with this. Any help would be beneficial and very much appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,806 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

I'd light this candle by checking the heating element for continuity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZCP55aScvI&feature=player_embedded

If it's open or reads very high resistance, come git you a new one ==> http://www.repaircli...4663801/1483287

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

... when I had checked it after 3hrs on wash, I got a steam facial upon opening the door.

:whistling:

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,806 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

Posted Image

If the element is heating-- and it sounds like it is-- then that would only leave a defective control board as the problem ==> http://www.repaircli...4776601/1553500

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

... supposed to take 2hrs 45min, and then came back when 3hrs later I heard it still going,

although... an extra 15 minutes, or even up to an extra hour, may not be uncommon.
If the incominig water temperature isn't hot enough,
it takes a while for the heating Element to raise the temperature each degree.
Also, make sure the incoming water is actually connected to the hot water line.
Also, if the House water heater is far from the Dishwasher, it may be filling with just the "room temperature" water in the pipes.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 Sarah Cole

Sarah Cole

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

although... an extra 15 minutes, or even up to an extra hour, may not be uncommon.
If the incominig water temperature isn't hot enough,
it takes a while for the heating Element to raise the temperature each degree.
Also, make sure the incoming water is actually connected to the hot water line.
Also, if the House water heater is far from the Dishwasher, it may be filling with just the "room temperature" water in the pipes.

~ The water heater is not even 10 feet from the dishwasher. (its behind the wall in our laundry room which is right off the kitchen near where the dishwasher is.)

Thanks all for the replies. I reread the manual about the washing cycles. The dishwasher also has Hi Temp and Sanitize settings which require the water to get to atleast 140 degrees other wise the dishwasher will keep trying to go through wash cycle until it can reach that temp.. I noticed after posting this that the wash cycles did fine as long as those two settings were not selected. I ended up having to turn up the water heater to 150 degrees because it was only set to 120 and so the water wasn't comming in hot enough for it to work. After I turned up the water heater it does fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics