Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Richard Richmond

Fisher & Paykel GWL11 Washer: "Honey, I think there is something wrong with the washer."

3 posts in this topic

Went to check on my wife's mention that something might be wrong with the washing machine. Took a look and suddenly heard the sucking sound of a vacuum at my wallet.

I opened the lid and tilting at a 10 degree angle was the drum. (Pic attached)

Where do I begin? I'm a full time Computer tech, but am pretty capable with the heavy tools. Not intimidated if I can get some guidance on the order of disassembly. Does anyone have a preliminary diagnosis? (If it was a car I would guess the wheel bearing).

I ask for guidance honorable Samurai.

post-68738-0-25391000-1330221961_thumb.j

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Looks like one of the support rods came off. On the top near the front corners are 2 rubber covers that hide a phillips head screw. With those screws out, you can raise the plastic top up and have a look. If it came off, just put it back like the other ones are. You might not have to spend a penny.

yep as above

but its either broken or you have 1 rod that is sticky

either way yopu will be looking at replacing a set of suspension rods as they dont come of for no reason

when you do change them , yu change them 2 at a time on opposite corners

example

remove front right and back left and fit the new ones in reverse

remove front left and back right and fit new

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0