Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikegoodman99

frigidaire gallery dryer model fse748gfso heat / DET K?

5 posts in this topic

Model fse748gfs0 / serial xd83162405

Where the dryer lint filter thingy is there is a plastic part held in by two screws. On this there are two sensors and some tabs for insulated connectors that r not pluged in but are their. On the plastic panel by the tabs it says add det k and then omit det k. Where do the insulated wires get pouted into? And the whole reason for this was dryer needed to run at least two full cycles to dry the clothes. Pulled the dryer apart to clean and found this. Prior dryer got so hot that u couldn't even touch the top. Had it repairs and was told the thermostate was replaced. After that it seemed to never get hot enough. Found this - is it the problem or one of the problems?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

this one ?
... only used for Sensor (Auto) Dry
00884837.jpg

Dryer Vent
Vent should be rigid metal.
Short lengths of flexible metal may be OK, if not crimped when moving the Dryer into place.
NO plastic
NO PVC
NO screws
Foil Duct Tape is OK.
With an empty load, Timed Dry, High Heat, the vent temperature should cycle somewhere between 135F and 160F
Check / clean the Dryer Vent
Disconnect the Dryer Vent and check for good air-flow there and where it exits the house.
Check the Vent air temperature at the back of the Dryer.

So - I take it that since this is a Sensor Dry dryer - if I plug this in, it should work correctly?

Thanks for the assistance Grasshopper...

OOPS - I mean Grand Master Funk - LOL

.. if I plug this in, it should work correctly?

Only affects the Auto-Dry cycles...

without it plugged in, Dryer would turn OFF before the clothes are actually dry

wouldn't cause the over-heating you mentioned

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0