LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Disable tstat on portable AC? Frigidaire

C116

I need to disable the thermostat on my portable Frigidaire AC unit. I dont know the model number and unable to locate it but it is only about 1 year old and 110V window unit. The thermostat (I think) is only 2 wires and was sitting in front of unit behind filter, I moved it away from the cool air flow area but still does'nt keep the AC unit going only the fan. I am unable to adjust the electronic control below 60 degrees but need the AC to remain on at all times when unit is in operation. Does anyone w/ more knowledge than myself have the answer? I was wondering if I could just splice the 2 wires connected to the thermo sensor together w/ a wire nut shorting out the sensor? Thanks in advance for any help.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kdog

• jumptrout

• C116

Top Posters In This Topic