Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Cabrio washer not spinning and draining. WTW6600SW2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GreenestOne

GreenestOne

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:java

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

Owner said machine not spinning or draining. Machine would fill, agitate, but at about 12 minutes remaining on the digital readout, there was a buzzing sound and no spinning. So I lifted the agitator top and found two socks stuck beneath the agitator cover. Removed the socks from there,
turned the machine over and pulled the pump. The impeller was working well, nothing was stuck in the pump or the hoses connected to it.
I unclamped the hoses to the pump and blew on them to see if they were clear, they were open. Checked the power to the pump, 120 v, good.
After reassembling the pump and hoses, I started the machine in the spin/ drain position with no new water going in. It did a couple of agaitations
then went into a high speed spin. the small amount of water that was still in the tub was being pumped out.
Put a little water in by starting a new cycle, moved the dial manually to spin/drain and it worked again.

However, about two hours later, the owner called saying that she tried a regular load of clothes, and the same symptons happened as
when they called me to come out. Machine got to the spin/drain cycle and there was a buzzing noise and no spin.
Could it be the timer (control board?) I don't want to guess, they are pretty expensive. Your help is appreciated!

One other thing- the owners said that they had to pull the power cord from the wall to reset the machine, they could not do it by pressing the
power button or start button.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

You need to access your fault codes...pick any button but start or cancel and do the whirlpool hokie-pokie...
Press and hold for 4 seconds/release for 4 seconds and repeat this sequence till all the lights come on.
Press that same button to toggle thru the 5 most recent faults.

What codes are saved there?

Edited by KurtiusInterupptus, 28 February 2012 - 02:21 AM.

As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#3 GreenestOne

GreenestOne

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:java

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

Thanks Kurtius, I ran the diagnostic. Eventually when checking out the pump, I saw a that a bunch of stuff was in the bottom of the outer tub, pulled it and
cleaned it out. Everything was working fine. Running the diagnostics (auto and manual) also corrected some problem they were having with the start and power buttons.
The error codes were F32, and F71. But I think it was the clothes and coins in the bottom causing the problem.

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Senior Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,474 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

F71= Suds, and F32= Long Drain - user likely overdosing and/or wrong detergent

Need parts? Call our Parts Department now! 877-803-7957

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics