Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Profile (PDW7300G00BB) dishwasher - no water pumping

dishwasher PDW7300G00BB GE Profile

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CaptQ

CaptQ

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Most Heife Weissen

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

I have a GE Profile (PDW7300G00BB) dishwasher which powers up and turns on. However water is not pumping (and impeller blades not turning).

Heater element is getting hot and if I dump water into the bottom, the washer will also pump it out.

To me, I'm guessing the electronic actuator for the water is broke. Any ideas?

I am handy and not afraid to take things apart. I have voltage meters so I can test components, I just need to know what to look for, test and how. TIA Herb

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,053 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

Are you saying water is not flowing into the basin when you start a cycle? If so, then yes, begin your investigation at the water inlet valve ==> http://www.repaircli...er=PDW7300G00BB

It's located behind the kickplate.

You can check the valve coil for continuity. A better check would be to see if it's getting 120vac when the dishwasher should be filling.

#3 CaptQ

CaptQ

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

OK, I finally got around to testing the Water Inlet Valve and it seems I'm reading zero voltage when the washer should be filling w/ water. I also pulled the cover off the float on the inside of the washer and when I put a piece of duct tape on ball of the float, it moves up and down and I here a slight clicking when moving the float up and down manually.

So maybe the float switch is shot, and maybe the control panel? I know very little about washer so I'm just guessing.

#4 CaptQ

CaptQ

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:28 PM

Also, are there schematics available for this washer?

Where to I find a list of common parts which typically are replaced for a washer.

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

check the operation of the Flood (float) Switch with an OHM meter
Check the resistance across the Water Valve.
Note the Dual Zener diodes across the Water Valve.
If it shorts, would ruin the Controller
for service manuals and other perks, become an Apprentice
from the 44 page service manual
Posted Image

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics