Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Snyder SnyderGeneral (ArcoAire), GDE090A012AIN furnace, ignition annoyance

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hvac606

hvac606

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Saranac Pale Ale

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

1990 Arcoaire furnace m/n GDE090A012AIN, s/n R902800016. When it lights, the pilot flame easily travels across the right two burner set, but spread of the pilot flame to the left two burners is delayed and lights with a foosh after several seconds. The burners/ pilot rail sets were removed, cleaned ( slightly dusty) and reinstalled. Nothing changed. The gas valve opens with what appears as a initial step and then does a ramp up opening after the flame is established.
With no mechanical issues apparent, my attention goes to the gas valve. Does it not open at the correct initial step to provide enough gas to allow the spread of the flame line along the pilot rail?
Any help would be appreciated

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Dan Webster

Dan Webster

Paw Paw

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Busch

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

Have you tried cleaning the orifices of those 2 burners with a soft toothbrush? They may be partially clogged.
"May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty"
-old Irish saying

Buy me a Beer: http://web.me.com/ze...man18007260692/

#3 Daveb1972

Daveb1972

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Boston Lager

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:05 AM

Crossover tube alignment is crucial as well, try swapping the burners left to right, see if the problem follows the burners, or the position. If it follows the burners make sure the venturi is full open or close to full open, and that there arent any spiders living inside. Also check the flame when it is established. Is it the same on all burners? Does the flame "lift off" the surface of the burner, does it sound like a smooth hiss, or a rumbly flame blowing out type hiss? If the problem is position based, then check the orifices. The problem is not the gas valve (97% confidence) stepped gas valves and slow open gas valves either open, or not/ close or not. If they leak when closed, NG, if the dont open NG, other than that......NP.
That which does not kill me only makes me stronger.....at this rate I'll be invincible by Tuesday!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics