Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

whirlpool cabrio wtw5640xw making grinding noise

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 campbell42

campbell42

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hi all. I believe that I have a similar issue as was discussed in this thread:
http://appliantology...__1#entry148049

My Cabrio wtw5640xw is making a grinding noise. I can hear this when it is agitating and spinning, and gets pretty loud when the impeller starts going for the pump. I am hoping that a dime or trash has gotten loose and needs to be removed. Can someone point me to how I could take a look to see if this is indeed the case? I have had this machine for less than a year.

Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,682 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

Tip the washer forward or lay it down on it's front panel. Go around back, pump is on the bottom, LHS. You can see it on the bottom photo in this post => http://fixitnow.com/...lacement-guide/

It's the top pump in that pic.

#3 GreenestOne

GreenestOne

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:java

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

I recently worked on a similar Cabrio washer. The pump in the rear is easily accessible. Be ready for residual water flowing out. I found a dime in the pump and a sock ready to go in to it. The problem with this one was no spin. I ran the auto diagnostic and the tests, and eventually pulled the inner tub out and found gym trunks, a speedo swimsuit and coins in the bottom of the outer tub. They were stopping the spin when the water level was low. It isn't difficult to remove the inner tub.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics