Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vee8power

Whirlpool combo #RMC275PDB1 Micro... no heat!

3 posts in this topic

Microwave runs and counts down, but until I pressed on the left side of the door, no heat. Switch on the left side isn't staying closed always. Removed front glass and it heated(weak torsion springs?) or should I go in the chasis and adjust the switch? Anybody know how to get to that switch? Or should I concentrate on the door?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Getting to the switches is a royal pain. You have to unistall the microwave and remove the side panels to avoid damaging anything. Usually bad torsion springs allow the door to drop when open. Door may be twisted, or have worn latches, not engaging the switches. Plastic door frame is easily damaged.

Edited by Chat_in_RI

Thanks for the tip, Chat. Come to think of it. On the last one of these that I saw, the door had to be held open against spring pressure. Must be the springs even though they're in place. Thanks again :rocker:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0