Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Looking for a furnace filter size Comfort Maker GUD060A14AIM

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BornABruin

BornABruin

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

I have a Comfort Maker GUD060A14AIM forced air furnace/air conditioner. I've always put 18x25x1 filters into the furnace because that what was there when we moved in, but because it never quite fit the holder (it's a little long and a bear to fit in) I've always wondered if the filter should be a 18x24 instead. Anyone familiar with this model and can tell me if which size is the correct one?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Dan Webster

Dan Webster

Paw Paw

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Busch

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

I used to sell and make filters at my appliance parts store. 18x25x1 is oddball while 18x24x1 is pretty common. Maybe the last folks in the house used an oddball size? Hard to get any info on furnaces online..
"May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty"
-old Irish saying

Buy me a Beer: http://web.me.com/ze...man18007260692/

#3 EricEE

EricEE

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Anything dark :)

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

Anyone familiar with this model and can tell me if which size is the correct one?

Does the filter actually go into the the furnace itself? For all of the air conditioner/furnaces I have worked on the filter was part of the ductwork ahead of the actual unit...

Speaking of, might be a good opportunity to upgrade to a media filter :) Once you get past the initial cost, they are very economical over the long haul - if you are going to stay where you are for a while, anyway....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics