Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Thermador DW246US/U12 Dishwasher; Fills, doesn't start wash cycle

dw246 thermador

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 krashk

krashk

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

Stopped using the dishwasher for 2-3 months, and when I tried to use it this weekend, it would drain, fill with hot water about 1/2 inch, and hum for a little bit before stopping. The same thing happens for all wash modes, not even rinse only. The only thing that works is drain. Pulled the dishwasher out and tried to check out the pumps but everything's contained in the base and I don't know how to access it.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 dekostop

dekostop

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

sounds to me like a stuck washpump due to non use.......

remove the filters in the tub. go inside with a finger and feel on the right hand side....you should find a round opening. that is the inlet to the washpump....take an 8mm nut driver deep into the hole until you hit something....this is the wash impeller...it has an 8mm nut. turn the nutdriver a few times until you feel the resistance getting lighter. you just freed the washpump...should be working ok now.
A&T Appliance Repair
941-799-1036
Serving Manatee and Sarasota counties on Florida's Westcoast

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dw246, thermador

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics