Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brooke Falconer

LG Front Load WM2077CW, won't spin

6 posts in this topic

Hi HI,

I have an LG Front Load, complaint is that it won't spin. Customer says she is getting an E0 code. Any ideas where to check. The only experience I have with these machines is cleaning gunk out of the pump.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

<<<Customer says she is getting an E0 code.>>>

Not a valid error.

If the error is "OE"----likely a failed DRAIN MOTOR.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drain-Pump/4681EA2001D/1266821

If the error is "LE"---likely a failed HALL EFFECT SENSOR.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Rotor-Position-Sensor/6501KW2002A/1268238

1 person likes this

EO is not a valid I/O error

maybe an EIE I/O :D

1 person likes this

Oh RegUs, you are quick this morning! I tried to post but my Wi-Fi crapped out. I decided I am just going to make things up from now on just to come chat with you guys here, I love this board!

Anyway, it was an 0E, drain motor, after trying unsuccessfully to try and clean drain pump, I ordered a new one (another gong show in the ordering process, up here LG only wants to sell parts to LG techs....problem is we have one (1!!!!) for all of vancouver. Crazy!) Anyway, after wedging my self into the back of the laundry closet, prying out the pump, checking for debris, putting the pump back together-oh did i mention it was stacked- slicing my hands 2-3 times on the razor like edges our manufacturers think is funny, and calling around for over an HOUR to find a pump, it is getting delivered tomorrow morning. Sometimes I wonder why I like this job?????

Take care guys....until next time :thumbsup:

<<<after wedging my self into the back of the laundry closet, prying out the pump, checking for debris, putting the pump back together-oh did i mention it was stacked>>>

If you can do all of that (shoehorning yourself into a closet)...

Then you'll be fine replacing the DRAIN MOTOR from the *door opening*.

On stacked units---this is the most pain-free method.

Open door

Remove door gasket outer CLAMP and peel back GASKET into stainless steel tub

Remove lower left pump clean-out strainer COVER.

Remove a single phillips screw---and pull out the plastic HOUSING that is part of the pump clean-out strainer

Looking at the pump clean-out strainer (at floor level) you'll see 2 phillips screws above the strainer handle---remove both screws

Cut a section of 2x4 wood---approximately 5 to 6 inches length

Place the 2x4 wood block between the TUB and the FRONT COVER of the washer---this will give you additional space to access the DRAIN MOTOR---by keeping tub assy pushed rearward.

Reach down to the PUMP ASSY---using your finger---find the RELEASE TAB and depress it. This allows sliding the entire PUMP ASSY away from it's mounted position and be turned by hand.

There are 3 screws which secure the DRAIN MOTOR to the pump housing---remove them and pull off the drain motor.

Re-install & test washer.

NOTE: One or two of the DRAIN MOTOR screws can be accessed from the *hole* where the STRAINER was located.

TIP: Wear PVC-coated work gloves

Edited by john63
2 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0