Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Mr. Backhoe

Large JADE, side by side, refrigerator, Freezer won't keep food frozen, keeps temperature around 35 degrees

8 posts in this topic

I cannot find the model number, but it's a larger JADE, side by side, refrigerator/freezer with a panel at the top of it where the coil, blower, and power supply is.

My problem is that the freezer won't get cold enough to keep the food frozen. This has been progressing. There is a little frost on the back towards the top of it. The refrigerator is working fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

is the Compressor running "forever" ?

May need to see the frost pattern of the Evaporator Coils inside the Freezer

(model number would be more helpful)

I turned off the power and let it begin to thaw out and then took the freezer side/ inside apart, and the fan was solid ice. I got that thawed out and took it off but there is still ice on the stiraphome up top inside, so I'm thawing it out too and hopefully it will run again. What would be the cause of this, and what do I need to do? Do any parts need to be repalaced?

Thank you for your input.

After Defrosting, may need to see the frost pattern after the Compressor has been running an hour or two

2 people like this

Okay.

I can't feel anymore ice anywhere, although I can't feel up inside where the stiraphome. How much longer should I leave it to thaw out before putting it back together or turning it back on?

And once I get it turned on for an hour or two I can't see the coils, how do you suggest that I look at the pattern?

need model number

rjrs4880d