Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

sub zero 650/s freezer too cold -21*

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cjsacs

cjsacs

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

Turned unit off and the freezer compressor/evaporator fan continue working
I assume the Main control is bad as I didn't see any other componet on the wiring diagram
that affects that operation
Just wanted to know if there is some operation of the main control that I'm not aware of
that could cause this condition

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:15 AM

Is this a 650-2 or a 650-s or 650/s-2 ???.......... cannot find the exact model wire diagram..... Is there a switch in line for the control board?? could you post a wire schematic/ ladder diagram???............ at the cost/price of Sub-O parts, let us not be to hasty....

#3 woftam

woftam

Yamabushi

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:red wine

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

When you turned unit off did lights go off? What are thermistor readings? What is s#? Any error codes? When you turned unit back on did freezer go into defrost?
There is a huge difference between 10 years experience and one years experience ten times over.

#4 cjsacs

cjsacs

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

Thanks for your responses
I did not make a copy of the electrical diagrams. I usually take a picture with my phone to keep with me, but I forgot.
model# 650 S serial#1717118
Original call was for a ripped ff door gasket and temperture in freezer too cold
When I arrived the next day the freezer temp was -1* and set at 0*. ordered the gasket and when I returned in 5 days the freezer was at -21*
unfortunately for me I order the wrong gasket. I turned the house power to the unit off to maybe reset the control.
When I came back they told me the temp was between -13*and -21*. I turned the unit off at the control panel and everything seemed to turn off
normally All the lights and fans seemed to shut off. when I opened the freezer door I thought I heard the freezer evap fan stop.
sure enough it was working with the unit off. (on/off with the basket switch)Then I checked and the freezer compressor was also running.
when I turn the unit back on all the functions are normal. lights, compressor,fans all come back on. turn it off and freezer compressor/evap fan
stay on. I didn't check thermistors believing that if unit is off nothing should be running. no error codes and the freezer did not go into defrost when i turneed back on
However it appears that it is defrosting. Normal frost build up on evaporator.
Thanks CJ

#5 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

Do you have a service manual ?????.......Page 8-14, for extreme cold, is control set to display Celsius instead of Fahrenheit ??? The wire schematic I have , does not indicate an inline switch to kill the power to the unit... Power straight to the main board............How did you " turn off the house power" and how long did it stay off??? Have you measured the temp. with your own meter or are you using the units display temps????

#6 woftam

woftam

Yamabushi

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:red wine

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

If compressor is still running with unit turned off board is bad unless you have some really unusual wiring problem.
There is a huge difference between 10 years experience and one years experience ten times over.

#7 cjsacs

cjsacs

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:10 AM

Thanks for your responses. I've ordered the board and expect it today. Update when done

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,830 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

Part link to the main control board ==> http://www.repaircli...modelNumber=650

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics