Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

cjsacs

sub zero 650/s freezer too cold -21*

8 posts in this topic

Turned unit off and the freezer compressor/evaporator fan continue working

I assume the Main control is bad as I didn't see any other componet on the wiring diagram

that affects that operation

Just wanted to know if there is some operation of the main control that I'm not aware of

that could cause this condition

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Is this a 650-2 or a 650-s or 650/s-2 ???.......... cannot find the exact model wire diagram..... Is there a switch in line for the control board?? could you post a wire schematic/ ladder diagram???............ at the cost/price of Sub-O parts, let us not be to hasty....

When you turned unit off did lights go off? What are thermistor readings? What is s#? Any error codes? When you turned unit back on did freezer go into defrost?

Thanks for your responses

I did not make a copy of the electrical diagrams. I usually take a picture with my phone to keep with me, but I forgot.

model# 650 S serial#1717118

Original call was for a ripped ff door gasket and temperture in freezer too cold

When I arrived the next day the freezer temp was -1* and set at 0*. ordered the gasket and when I returned in 5 days the freezer was at -21*

unfortunately for me I order the wrong gasket. I turned the house power to the unit off to maybe reset the control.

When I came back they told me the temp was between -13*and -21*. I turned the unit off at the control panel and everything seemed to turn off

normally All the lights and fans seemed to shut off. when I opened the freezer door I thought I heard the freezer evap fan stop.

sure enough it was working with the unit off. (on/off with the basket switch)Then I checked and the freezer compressor was also running.

when I turn the unit back on all the functions are normal. lights, compressor,fans all come back on. turn it off and freezer compressor/evap fan

stay on. I didn't check thermistors believing that if unit is off nothing should be running. no error codes and the freezer did not go into defrost when i turneed back on

However it appears that it is defrosting. Normal frost build up on evaporator.

Thanks CJ

Do you have a service manual ?????.......Page 8-14, for extreme cold, is control set to display Celsius instead of Fahrenheit ??? The wire schematic I have , does not indicate an inline switch to kill the power to the unit... Power straight to the main board............How did you " turn off the house power" and how long did it stay off??? Have you measured the temp. with your own meter or are you using the units display temps????

If compressor is still running with unit turned off board is bad unless you have some really unusual wiring problem.

Thanks for your responses. I've ordered the board and expect it today. Update when done